Old New MX5OC Forum Member From Hampshire

Hi all,

I’m Loz from Hampshire and was previously a lurker in my previous membership a couple of years ago.

My first experience of MX5’s was a British Racing Green Y reg MX5 NB which I enjoyed driving and modding for a couple of years around 5 years ago.

I then traded that in, as the inevitable rust started to take hold, for a Mica Red NC 2.0 Kuro PRHT a cream leather interior, that was more refined than the NB but not as fun to drive for me on the twisty roads, but a good car none the less.

Then when life became government restricted I wanted to make the most of getting out and about, so I sold the Kuro and invested in a JDM Nissan Elgrand E51 to use as a day van, that’s another story yet to be concluded!

Circumstances and the desire to have the option of driving a fun, reliable and economical manual car has brought me back to the MX5 world with the purchase yesterday of a 16 plate ND1 2.0 Sport Nav soft top in Blue, at a very competitive price.

I drove it back from the dealer in Leicester yesterday and it did not disappoint, felt so much lighter and nimble than my Kuro and even with a soft top, seems much quieter than my old NB. I haven’t had the chance to take it on any twisty roads yet, as yesterday’s driving was mainly on the motorway.

Loz :]

3 Likes

Welcome Back :smiley: :+1:

From NB 2.5 [Orange] Owner [17 yrs] in Newcastle-Under-Lyme

Bet U Can’t Wait to Compare the ND to Your NB [BRG=Cool]

1 Like

Thanks,

I’ve already planned a twisty route back home from my parent’s next week using the kurviger app, and will be dropping the soft top for maximum effect!

Welcome back.

Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Well done for surviving without an MX-5 for 2 years.
What do you make of the electric power steering on the ND?

1 Like

From my limited memory it doesn’t feel as “talkative” as my NB’s steering but it makes up the difference through the chassis especially in comparison to my NC Kuro.

I’ve only done 2.5 hour motorway run so far, still getting to know the car, but I’m liking it already! :smile:

1 Like