on the sunday

hi - not been to an event before - we are members of the club - what time does it start and how much will it cost ? is there an itinerary for the day? what do people do once parked up? cheers, rob et al

Does this topic answer your questions?

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst89122_Rally-FAQ.aspx

Hi,

I’m also trying to find the itinerary for the day, with no luck. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

Try this http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst89122_Rally-FAQ.aspx

Thank you. I have, but the most it mentions is:

“What is the main programme schedule? Please check the MX-5 Owners Club Forum for further details. And see your Rally programme on the day.”

Maybe I should ask, what actually takes place at these Rallys as I have never attended one before.

Don’t know what other folk do but I attended last years Spring Rally at Oulton Park ( my first event of any description) and had an amazing day. I entered the competitions so arrived quite early. There was the unveiling of the new ND, trade stands to have a wander around, good eating/ hospitality etc. there was track stuff going on and all in all a great event. I spent quite a time looking around the car park just admiring more 5’s than I had ever seen in one place, taking pics etc. I met some great folk that I had previously only chatted with on the forums, putting faces to names and all that. I also spent a lot of time chatting with members on the competition stands answering question and even managed a 2nd place! I’m also on Nutz and there are a lot that are owners club members too so that was good. Personally I think it’s the coming together of owners and enthusiasts for these great little cars, it was “our” day out. The weather was amazing which always puts a smile on people’s faces as well. Owning a 5 is also buying in to a great community and the rallies are a part of the overall thing for me!

Hope you have a great day out.

Barrie

Thank you for the detailed reply Barrie. Very helpful indeed.

Chris