One-off Miata

… maybe fortunately … e007

wow thats bad. I appreciate that everyone is different, but just WOW!!

Ah, click bait… This car has been around for years. It used to be Silver Stone. Carscoops was scooped.

Or maybe there is more than one. The current owner obviously enjoys it. Who am I to disagree.

Then there are these:

2 Likes

Some of those look quite good.:grin:

3 Likes

I particularly like the orange ND? 63-67 mini-corvette!

1 Like

I like the red one that’s trying to be a Morgan.

If they had spent the same amount of effort on the front, that would have been pretty cool. As it stands it looks like it should be on an episode of Stingray.

You have to admire the sheer imagination and skill involved in some of these transformations. Some really cool looking cars

I can’t help thinking that one is photoshop.

Again, not saying that can’t of happened, but the front wheels have been moved a long way forward and as you can buy 4/4 Morgans for under £30K seems a lot of effort.

1 Like

The colour might be photoshopped, but the car is real. Mitsuoka’s Corvettte conversion of the ND 1.5

1 Like

Another Mitsuoka, based on the NC. Yes, they extended the wheelbase. Morgans are probably mega expensive in Japan, and they’re made of wood.

Because 1990 Miatas are cheap, Z3s are not.

However they done it must have taken a lot of work and manhours, I think it looks very good myself ,but probably not to everyone’s taste.

I like the 250GTO look one near the top - the wheels fill the arches well. But is it better to have one that does not look like another existing car? although I can accept doing a GTO look alike rather than a Z3 as they are reasonably attainable considering the work to change the car to look like that…

Even more Mitsuokas
https://www.mitsuoka-motor.com/global/lineup/

I like the last one that looks like an old Toyota GT :+1:

That’s the first version of the Hiroshi from Roadster Garage. From some angles, it looks a bit stumpy, because the proportions are wrong; it intended to be a 2000GT replica.

So they went to the next level…

First the original Hiroshi

The next version, still MX5 based, stretched the wheelbase, changed the screen, so the proportions look better

Then there was the coupe, with a completely new windscreen

Think this is based on a Nissan Stagea; essentially the Skyline Estate

Back doesn’t look great

The Roadster AKI dispenses with MX5 guts, full blown replica

For reference…

1 Like

Actually rather nice…