Ordering from I.L.MotorSport is this correct?

I just went to order an anti-roll bar set from I.L. Motorsport.
(mx5parts are sold out and won’t restock for 4 weeks)

I registered on their site.
I hit the order button.
filled it all in.
But when I got to the payment page. Things were not normal!
instead of having empty fields for me to input my card number, sort code etc.
it was already filled in with some german banking stuff!
and I could not change it!
so I hit forward and completed the order.

it seems that now I have to wait for an email to confirm my order and give my payment details!

this seems strange to me and it’s something I have never come across before?

is this normal for them?

please help.

edit:

I got the email.

i hit the Paypal link AND Page Not found!

Seems not normal indeed, i buy from them on a regular base (from Belgium) and everything seems to be the same than any other webshop; personal details and then the choice for your payment options. Confirmation email comes the very same minute. But…beware of the import duties , it could become a very expensive anti-roll bar…

1 Like

here is a picture of the payment page

the obvious question is, is it the genuine ilmotorsport page or a spoof?

i don’t even have a Paypal account,
all I have is a top-up debit card! which i have to put cash on at the post office, bank or certain shops first before i can make payment

You seem to have a good deal of web pages open, have you hit on a fake website?

the only sites im finding are,

http://www.ilmotorsportusa.com/

and the one I’m trying to order from

I cancelled a potential sale with them recently when I realised they will (correctly) quote a VAT free price and then you need to wrangle that with the agencies on this end of the transaction, and pay them fees for doing so.

1 Like

Thibor, I personally would have waited for IL Motorsports English partner to catch up with stock. IL Motorsports are a German Entrepreneurial company whose products are manufactured in China. The crème of buying from China/Europe has been evaporated by Brexit, although who knows why; it certainly was not what I voted for! Anyhoo China to Germany, Germany to England, bla, bla, 20% and quite possibly another 20% added along the way and the communication problems of foreign language, accounting practices and payment as well as delays with delivery.
MX5Parts work hand in hand with IL; if they have no stock what chance do you think you have of outmanoeuvring them?

2 Likes

I’ve given up on trying to buy IL motorsport and will wait for mx5parts!

as to outmaneuvering.
that was not my intent. it says on the ILMotorsport page that they have some in stock.
so I thought I’d order from then and pay the extra £20 so I could get em sooner.
however, their payment system seems very suspect to me!

so as i said i am now resigned to waiting for mx5parts.

I am sorry Thibor but outmanoeuvring was a term I used for trying to describe deliberately outwitting the general scheme of things by stepping in, intelligently to gain advantage.
It is obviously hard work and has passed you by :grinning:
It passes most of us by which is why it generally doesn’t work.

Sorry I thought I counted 6 in the top row.:thinking:

I didn’t actually know that mx5parts and ILMotorsport worked together!

I wasn’t trying to be smart.

I just saw the same item somewhere else and decided to buy it.

webpages?

yes, I had 6 open!

Ahh the bottom row isn’t pages they are bookmarks!

And yes that is alex jones’ infowars you can see there :rofl:

“THE WATER IS TURNING THE FROGS GAY!!”

That was the process when I purchased from them last year. Quite common in Europe to do bank transfers as credit cards are less common and carry charges that companies dont want to pay.

They shouldn’t charge you German VAT, but the parcel company will send you a bill for UK VAT and any customs duty.

So not worth the hassle unless you are unable to wait for UK stock.

1 Like

thank you very much.
very handy to know.

had I known that going in I would never have even tried it.

funny how it’s so much different than ordering something from the US though.

It’s a bit late for me now as I have just used the mx5 restorer ones but I notice they are doing frame rails now for the MK2/2.5. allegedly genuine Mazda?

You could always get these from Mazda.

This is only one part of 3 part assembly.

That ILM part is just the inner section.

For the left, these are the parts needed:

ie. about 140-150 Euros per side. So don’t feel too bad you brought the MX5restorer parts.

If you got this then it’s rather normal.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your order from “date” which we confirm with the attached order confirmation.

As you chose prepayment for your order, please transfer the amount of “price” to the following bank account:

I.L. Motorsport GmbH
SWIFT- “their bank info”
IBAN-DE65 “their bank info”

Or transfer the ammount of “price” to our PayPal account:

payment@“their paypal”

I bought a set of their 4-1 headers and did get spooked about that above but seems like on certain things you’re unable to pay for them directly via the site.

1 Like