Oulton Park. Friday 27th November.

A fun filled open pitlane day at the wonderful Oulton Park.

£119 for Drivers Club members

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/track-days-1-c.asp

This is building nicely. There is a block booking not shown on the website but 15 MX-5 booked already.

As well as Alistair and I, we will be joined again by Jim Cameron (Cadwell) and Steve Lewis (<st1:city w:st=“on”><st1:place w:st=“on”>Bedford</st1:place></st1:city>) who will be instructing on the day.
For anyone taking instruction Steve, who is one of the countries top instructors, will give a short “class room” style pre driving briefing master class covering:
- Circuit preparation
- Performance driving techniques
- Weight distribution
- What to do if it all goes wrong!
- Mindset
- And much more…

And for those wanting the best out of the day it is something you should consider.

Nick, will it be possible to book this on the day?

As in turn up on spec?

Yes it would, provided it is not full. However we would idealy like to know in advance if someone is expecting to come before the day.

Good looking event…

And Im looking forward to it.

Alan

P.s Mikey You can  be my co driver and tell me what im doing wrongWink

your always welcome.

Can any 1 do it or do U have 2 be a racer?

Hi Jack,

You don’t have to be a racer at all and the event is open to anyone. It would be good to see you if you can make it.

Nick

Sorry Nick I think you misunderstood I meant the ARDS 20min sessions. Also will there be any of the pit garages open for tyre changing etc?

Jan

Hi Lan

99% certain to be, unless we have a massive rush before hand.

Thanks Alan, still trying to scrape it together for this one might have to sell the wife!!! either that or try and talk her into an early christmas pressy or might just turn up and blag some rides although Im a terrible passenger. Anyway Ive always been good at grovelling so fingers crossed

Hope to see you there mate

Mikey

I had a great day
over 150 miles done on circuit and only one moment at cascades when I was try to stay in front of Rodders
Pride before the fall they say and how true.
Nice meeting everyone as usual
Jo ,Pat , Tom , Ken , Paul R and everyone else I spoke 2 on the day.

Matt really sorry for your car and hope you get it sorted out soon
Im sure if anyone can get help its you after helping so many Nutzers with there problems.

Just editing my 2nd video from the raw footage
Im trying out a new package so it looks a bit ropy and the sound file is off in places
but its not bad for a first attempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYcUcnZPHz8
The 2nd will be added a bit later.

The R888 were god damn awfull in the wet but once the track dried they were good
Gripping better than my confidence thru most corners (especially the drift section Known as Druids)

See some of you next Friday down at Brands Hatch
and heres to an exciting but dryer day hopefully.
Track etiquet was good and I only had 1 car cut in a bit sharpish…and yes its on the video

Oh and theres a lot of Avoneer going past and me trying to keep up (badly)

Thanks for a great day in relaxed and friendly Maner
Heres to Next year

Alan

Some interesting lines there Mr Robinson. {#emotions_dlg.anwhistle}

Well Paul and I would like to thank the MX5s for making us welcome in the RX8. We had many a sideways slide at Druids but we both found the RX8 and the R888s gave a nice progressive breakaway with good control getting it back in line. Thanks for the compliments on the driving and I do not think we disgraced ourselves with a fastest lap of 2:20 for me (the oldster) and 2:22 for Paul. Thanks to Steve for a superb instruction session in a car that was new to him Thumbs up and to NickD for excellent organisation. I think on the next one we will be out on the track during the “fast” session Devil. I hope the Silver supercharged 5 gets back on the track soon as it was flying down the pit straight and I would love to blag a ride in it. Maybe next time we will bring the 5 as well to see what the standard MK3 coupe can do. Again thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome

Jan & Paul

I will have to get someone to sort them out.

I tried to follow the experienced drivers lines as best as possible…

Maybe the 2 laps at the end of this onewill be Better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW7u2qhdSAo

Alan

Great vid mate just gutted I couldnt make it even to blag a ride, had a out of the blue job interview so couldnt  miss it so now looking at Brands and mrs said she will pay for it but thats a long old trip for a day out, when you driving down? have never done Brands so should be fun but could be a prob if something goes  tits up, that paddock bend is scary!!! and theres some quick machinery attending so not sure if its worth the long trip but my competiveness tells me different. By the way was your sound out of sinc on that second vid or were you lifting off and changing gear in some very peculier places or just playing safe in the wet, cant believe I missed that one, double gutted. once again well done on the vids ,like the double camera views perhaps next time you could face one backwards, rear facing look good ,have you checked out mine from Mallory? fingers crossed for brands if there are any places left would be a nice way to end the crap end of the year

MikeyStick Tongue Out