Oulton Park, Special stage Handling Challenge

This for me was an absolute hit!

Coming from over thirty years of front wheel drive, the MX-5 was a big step and quite a learning curve. I have done some low adhesion driving at Rockingham but only for a few minutes, to get two hours at Oulton Park for £45 was the best bargain I have ever had, I am still rubbish at drifting but I started to get a feel for the balance towards the end of the session, learning to understand the understeer and inducing oversteer were great experiences.

I cannot thank the organisers enough for giving us this chance, the best learning experience I have ever had in a car.

Would do it again at the drop of a hat 

An awesome experience on a lovely day!

Great value, plenty of time on track and very educational. Took me all morning to get to grips with the track and the technique, but it came together pretty well during the last half hour.

I did manage to biff my front number plate against one of the white plastic thingys, smashing up the plinth but as luck would have it MX5 parts were selling them at half price

Here is a little clip of some on board and drive by footage…

[youtube]https://youtu.be/wJL2SVPbqTI[/youtube]

After an initial fright that instruction was not included some frantic negotiations resulted in a great solution with an Instructor for 3 laps available at no extra cost. Well done to the club for sorting out the confusion. The track was fantastic  fun for for a 71 yr old! Thanks a ton