Outer Hebrides road trip

Slightly belated post, nevertheless, last month me and my best friend embarked on a road trip spanning over a week. Setting off from Staffordshire we flew up the m6 and beyond all the way to Mallaig, talking rubbish on our CBS. From there we Isle hopped to Skye, Harris and Lewis and back to Ullapool. Spending a day or more in each place, three nights wild camping, Two nights in B+Bs. We convoyed with my younger brother and his friend for a couple of the days, they were in an ex military series 2a Land Rover and a series 3 Landry respectively. All four vehicles survived without a scratch!!! I loved my Nb anyway, but this adventure made me realise how versatile and perfect an MX5 is for a camping road trip. The Isle of Harris and Lewis being my highlight. That island is crafted for drivers, the southern end had me gobsmacked after each bend and wind with the stunning views, my second Scottish road trip, first in my NB. Roll on the next, southern Ireland is what we’re looking at x

3 Likes

Very impressed. Good effort!

This photo…usually I stop off for a break before the Great Glen for a coffee as I know the parking further up can get difficult at peak seasons.

Anyway.
“Haste ye back”.

1 Like

It was a perfect view to stop for a quick drink and some tobacco! I can imagine, even though we went late September, these main roads were still busy with lots of camper vans etc, not that I could complain, being a damn tourist myself.

1 Like

And an arterial blood source of our economy! :love_you_gesture:
So, get yer rear ends back up soon! :wink:
Decent whisky shop at the Green Welly next time.

1 Like

I guess that’s one of the reasons why the Landys were included in the convoy - bulk restocking on essential supplies.
:grinning:

3 Likes

Haha! They were very good at carrying crates of beer that’s for sure :beers:

1 Like

Probably still cheaper to stop off at Tesco and buy it there mind… (I used to live near some distilleries and it was always cheaper at the supermarket) used to mail order beer from the Green Welly before they switched to just the whisky.