Owners Club Member but no longer MX-5 Driver - Will I be able to park with my fellow MX-5ers?

As a member of the OC for over 10 years (and still a member now) and having had two NA’s and up until July an NC, I wondered what the score would be in terms of me parking alongside my fellow MX-5ers in my new BMW Z4?

I will be attending the event with three other couples from the Yorkshire Ridings Region, who I’d like to park alongside if possible on the day.

Will this be a problem (as a paid up member should it matter i’m no longer in a 5?)

I’d understand parking with the other ‘normal’ cars if I were in a Mondeo or something, but thought it would be nice to park the Z4 next to the 5s?

David
www.z4bmw.co.uk

I can not see why there would be a problem…you traitor{#emotions_dlg.wink}

I am sure there will be planty of other make motors coming.

I know - if had my fair share of grief about ‘going over to the dark side’ and the rest… But its only till the mk4 comes out - all being well ; )

David

Hi

the intention was to have the whole field full of mx5’s as it is the National Rally of the MX5 owners club

so where do we draw the line, and stop 4x4’s people carriers mini buses etc all coming in because they used to have an mx5 ?

the guys on the gate will be working really hard to get people through and off  the main entrance to Chatsworth as quickly as possible without extra rules and complications

slowing things down and even turning people round,

can’t you borrow an mx5 for the day?

there will be parking alongside the main field in the overflow area, not that far to meet up with your friends,

am sure you will agree if we want to admire our cars en masse this is the way to do it,otherwise it would just look like a supermarket car park?

am sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for,

hope you enjoy the rally, we are doing our best

Pete

Have you had a large number of 4x4 and minibus drivers that are still in the OC asking this same question then?

Certainly at Gaydon and Mallory Park, non-MX5s were parked seperately. People do often come along in two cars, to bring the family along. Owners don’t usually have a problem with this.