Owners Club Snetterton Track Day

Snetterton Track Day
14th April 2009
Cost only £125

Much improved by Motorsport Vision since they took it over, Snetterton is a tremendously exciting circuit, with fast straights and challenging bends. Used for the British F3 and GT championships, British Superbike Championship and British Touring Cars, it is a national standard circuit that every enthusiast should try. Eastern Region certainly had some fun there - here

This is our first track event of the year and is being organised in conjunction MGs on Track. All of our events sold out last year and there are only 25 places available for this one, so book up soon. It's the day after Easter, so extend your holiday with a thrilling track experience.

As a member of our mailing list you will be notified when bookings open before they become public, so join up by sending an e-mail from the address that you want to receive the updates to motorsport@mx5oc.co.uk with the words "mailing list" in the title and I'll include you.

Ian Palmer
Coordinator
MX5 Owners Club Motorsport

What’s up guys?

Is no-one interested in Snetterton?

Iam whats up, never done Snetterton but price is good so come on chaps

If you are a novice to track days then I can recommend Snetterton as a brilliant place to start.  Whilst its got its fair share of corners its also got two long straights, so its easy to sort yourself out on those and make sure you keep out of the way of any faster traffic before you hit the corners. 

Its also a nice wide and fairly flat circuit, again ideal for the novice.  And if you are a track day veteran and not been to Snet. before this is an ideal time to tick it off the list at such a good price. 

And the tight right and left at Russell bend is probably one of my favourite corners on any circuit, great fun…!

So book early to avoid disappiontment…  [Y]

And read about one of our trips to Snetterton here…

I have this booked now. Cant wait! [:D]

Provisionally booked just got to try and get the day off work[:D]

Mike

Does anyone know if there is an age limit on passengers.

It says that passengers are free and I thought it may be an opportunity to take my two boys aged 12 and 15 for a ride round a track.

But obviuosly I then need to take two cars and its 125 miles . I would like to know if there are any restriictions before I bother.

That reminds me, Do we know if there will be helmets for hire at this event? I have one but my additional driver wont.

Thanks

Passeengers:

There is an age limit in the pit lane at Snetterton which I think is 16, so no kids on the pit wall spectating, so I suspect it may also apply to passengers in the car as well.  But to check please contact Ian Palmer, our Motorsport guy, as it may differ on this event.

Helmets:

The Club has a small supply of its own helmets and most circuits offering track days will hire you one as well.  But again double check with Ian.

Contact Ian on motorsport at mx5oc.co.uk.

Yippee got the day off  now booked… just out of interest is anyone from the Yorkshire area up for this , if so we could meet up on the way.

Mike

[:(] Ive just had an email from Dave at MGOT regarding the Snetterton day and the crux of the matter is there are not enough bookings either from the MGs or the MXs, Iam sure some of the members have had this email also but I thought that I would try and drum up some support for MGOT who always put on an excellent track day. I  think there are only 6 MX5s confirmed so if your thinking about it then do it you wont regret it also Dave is saying that if you know anyone who wants to attend but does`nt have a MX or MG he will quite willing to accomodate as long as they are within the spirit of both clubs ie no full blown racers, also if you know of any other clubs that would be interested please get in contact with Dave on the MGs on track site , clikey on Ians post above.so come on lads and lasses dig deep ,throw a sicky or take a days holiday and get it booked. also if anyone wants to come along I will only too willing to give passenger rides to anyone who wants them.

Mike

Thanks Mick.

Yes, this event is short of bookings at the moment and, if we can’t rustle up some more soon, we will  have to open it up to other marques, which will be both a great shame for this event and make it more difficult to run our own events in future.

So if you are thinking about signing up for this please do so as soon as you can. If you know of someone from another club who might be interested please recommend it to them as long as their car is compatible with MX5s. We will be grateful for any help in filling this event.

Thanks

Ian

We now have 9 confirmed and 4 reserves so its getting better but still not enough, Ive posted it on the Westfield club forum but with no response as yet but will keep on to them ( would rather have more MXs though) so come on guys dont let this go the way of Croft! thats now been cancelled as MGsOT didnt want to risk it although I think this is due more to the local noise problems that Croft is having, shme that as I really enjoy croft even though it is a bit flat

Mike

Now up to 10 confirmed. I think we might be mixing it with the MGs that will be interesting

Mike 

We are still short of bookings so are having a special offer to give you even more reason to have fun at Snetterton.

For anyone who books both Snetterton and Cadwell Park we will give a 15% rebate on the cost of both. That’s a saving of £39 for having twice as much fun!

Cadwell Park is now open for bookings on the MGoT web site and fills up fast, so don’t delay if you want to take advantage of this offer. Book your places (they must both be and remain in the same name) and then e-mail me with the details for your rebate.

Ian Palmer
Coordinator
MX5 Owners Club Motorsport

Still only 10 MXs plus the`ve thrown in 5 MGs in our sessions, so still 10 places left folks, oh well thats less people that will be overtaking me! plus we can see how the MGs stack up against the MXs, should be fun, could still do with a few more of us though so if youve not done Snetterton before (like me) nows your chance, good place to check out your top end speed as well.

Mike[:D]

<v:shapetype coordsize=“21600,21600” path=“m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=“f” stroked=“f” id="_x0000_t75"></v:shapetype>

Still only 10 MXs plus the`ve thrown in 5 MGs in our sessions, so still 10 places left folks, oh well thats less people that will be overtaking me! plus we can see how the MGs stack up against the MXs, should be fun, could still do with a few more of us though so if youve not done Snetterton before (like me) nows your chance, good place to check out your top end speed as well.<o:p></o:p>

Mike<v:shapetype coordsize=“21600,21600” path=“m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=“f” stroked=“f” id="_x0000_t75"> <v:stroke joinstyle=“miter”></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn=“if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 1 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum 0 0 @1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @2 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 0 1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @6 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @8 21600 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @10 21600 0”></v:f></v:formulas><v:path gradientshapeok=“t”></v:path><o:lock aspectratio=“t”></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape type="#_x0000_t75" alt=“Big Smile” style=“width: 14.25pt; height: 14.25pt;” id="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata src="/C:/Users/Jo-Anne/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

It is nearly worth coming down to Snetterton for that!

Back home reflecting on the day I would say that a good time was had by one and all, this being my first time at Snetterton along with a few others I think it turned out rather well apart from the mobile MGA chicane!! I think we were all wondering wether he was drinking tea or reading the paper on the way round anyway at least we got a breather whilst we we were all stacked up behind him!!!. I thought about going out in reverse at one point  just to see if I could still lap him!!!. Apart from that most of the guys improved as the day went on and we had some fantastic weather as well so what was going to be a dismal turn out for us MXs all worked out pretty good in the end . Thanks guys for the usual cameradery and enthusiasm, look forward to the next one. Video to follow as soon as I get the time to edit it so I look good!!!

Mike[:D]  

Good to hear that it went well. Hopefully the extra space on track made up for the mobile chicaine!

That is one of the problems of sharing a session, so lets see if we can fill Cadwell with fast '5s[Y]