P & P September update

September update     

The next run is to The Gladstone Pottery Museum in Stoke on Trent via The Roaches on Saturday 14th September, meeting at Moorlands S17 3BQ at 9:30, leaving at 10:00.

Lesley and I have visited the Museum and found it unexpectedly interesting

‘’ Stoke-on-Trent is world famous for its pottery and no visit to the city would be complete without experiencing this unique museum.

Discover how bone china tableware was made in the original workshops and giant bottle kilns of the former Gladstone China Works, now preserved as the last complete Victorian pottery factory in the country. 

At Gladstone you can see demonstrations of traditional skills and try your hand at throwing a pot, making a bone china flower or painting pottery for a small extra charge

The Gladstone Café serves a range of hot and cold food, drinks, cakes and snacks and has a unique view over the museum’s cobbled courtyard and bottle ovens”.

Click here for Route Card

From there the members can return home via Ashbourne and Matlock, or go on to the Warwickshire area is readiness for The MX-5 Owners Club National at Gaydon on Sunday 15th.

Lesley and I and quite a few other members have booked into The Days Inn Warwick Northbound M40 using Booking.com, (rooms are still available), we intend to attend the Drive in Movie ‘The Italian Job’ at Gaydon in the evening,

A convoy to the rally for members from the Peaks and Pennines area staying in the area will leave the Days Inn on the M40 Northbound service area at 9:45 and make their way to the rally arriving about 10:00.

A run from the P&P has not been organised, my suggested route for those coming down from the P&P area on their own is –

Leave Woodall Services (Southbound) at 8:15 am M1,  M69,  A5, B4455 (Fosse Way, a road The Romans build in readiness for the MX5) B4100 from where the venue is brown sign posted, approx 110 miles allow 2 hours

THE GATES OPEN AT 10.00 AM please do not arrive before

Please hang your Rally Pass (sent out with the last edition of Soft Top Hard Top) on the interior mirror before reaching the venue.

Take the pass with you into the event. Exchange it for your rally gift and program when you show with your membership card at the club desk

Sunday October 6th  Our annual Bowling Run, organised to Trevor and Eileen Allkins, at The Chesterfield Bowl after a scenic run, the presentation of trophies will follow a late afternoon carvery meal at The Riverside Club, Chesterfield. Please email me if you wish to compete and did not attend the September Social meeting

As usual detailed up to date information can be found on the Peaks and Pennines Events page of the Clubs web site. http://pp.mx5oc.co.uk/

Oh bggr. Thought I’d kept that route to myself.

Brilliant description of that part of the Fosse Way. Wish I’d thought of it.