P & P Social Meeting venue

After 7 very happy years meeting at The Queens Head we are on the move.

The Peaks and Pennines area takes in the Huddersfield, Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham Chesterfield and Worksop areas.

Ideally I would like to find a pub centrally on the M1 corridor somewhere between jcts 31 and 37, after extensive research hic we have drawn a blank to the north of Sheffield

If you can suggest a suitable venue north of Sheffield, please contact me.

Hi Burton it can be a problem but there are few possibles , the Red lion at todwick being one as a member of Rhocar I attend most months eat around 7.00 o’clock and the lads get in from 7.30 ish they come from a biggish catchment area , north derbys south yorks , nottingham shire , even lincs unfortunatly it’s the 1 st weds in the month and old habits die hard but why not have a joint meeting ? even if its a one off trial , mick

I was up at the Spring Rally location on Friday afternoon, I called into The Rockingham Arms in Wentworth for a pint, it would be a good location for our Social Meeting, looking at a map it looks to be located centrally within the Peaks and Pennines area being 20 miles from Holmfirth / Huddersfield and about the same from Worksop / Chesterfield.
We can use their back room without charge on a Wednesday night, it has a bar, they do food. Coincidently two of our members ate there on Wednesday night, they thought the food was good value for money
There is a basic bowling green and BBQ area by the pub which we could use in the summer.
What do members think about trying this location in March?
There were poor reviews on Tripadviser for the venue I was previously favouring on the outskirt of Rotherham
Whilst changing thing,s should we look at meeting on another night?
Like Mick, I am a member of another club which meets on the first Wednesday in the month.
Comments please

We also have another car club on the first Wednesday each month which has prevented us joining you at the P&P meets. Choosing another day for these meets would be good for us.

Graham

Hi graham not seen you for a while ,hope you are fit and well

Seems to be a good idea moving venues, we are close to the present venue so it has been beneficial to us. It’s only fare that it moves closer to people from other areas to give them the same benefit that we’ve had.
Our only issue is a personal one, because I work most Wednesday nights I won’t be able to attend when I am, it’s difficult now so when we move it will be impossible for me but like I said, it’s a personal issue.
In any case, it’s always nice to try new venues with different food and scenery so we are all for it

Hi Pete,

One of the things I want to do during the summer months is ’ visit my local’ this would be a second meeting during the second or third week of the month, more a natter rather than a ‘formal whats on’ type meeting’

So you could invite the club to your local, or that new real ale pub in the industrial estate near Massey Trucks, on a day to suit you.

What do you think?