Paint has come off the inside of both doors on my brand new Maxda MX5 RF

Hi All,

Brand new to this but bought my brand new Soul Red Crystal MX5 RF in September last year
and after a couple of months noticed some paint had come off the inside of both doors.

Went back to the dealer who advised me to contact their Bodyshop Manager who in turn contacted Mazda’s warranty department which stated this would not be covered. Then went to Mazda Customer services who advised quite bluntly nothing to do with them as only the importer of the vehicle and should go back to the dealer. I did this and was offered £500 towards the cost of repairing the damage which was estimated at being around £2000. The dealer also sent me touch up paint.

At present this case is with The Motor Ombudsman but could take up to 6 months to be investigated.

Just wondered if any you Mazda MX5 owners have had a similar problem and what the outcome was.

I am sure I did not cause this myself but it does look like some paint has been pulled off both doors in roughly the same place.

Thanks for listening.

Nick

That’s very bad, if you’re on facebook try joining the MX5 Mk4 group there’s a lot of good advice on there. I would have thought the dealer should be liable.

Thanks for your response and hope all is well with yours.

Nick

That’s appalling customer service from Mazda UK.

Loudly complain on a Saturday morning when the dealership is full of prospective buyers…

Worked for me when the roof of my new VW Eos leaked.

I had Problems with my RF got no joy fro the stealership were I brought it from so went to mazda direct got the same response as you,go to the obersman and even offered me there phone number… I gave up on that car and sold it before warrantee ran out …not that it was any good in the first place dout I will ever buy a new or newish mazda again …

Sorry state of affairs.
Can you pop some pictures up on here of both sides so we can see what you are talking about. It is now very quick and easy to do and may be someone will recognise the issue.
:heart:

1 Like