Paint lacquer peeling

Hi,

I’ve been recently thinking about selling my 92 NA Eunos and was wonder how much it would effect the value to have it resprayed compared to leaving it as is.

The car is otherwise fine, with rust not being an issue.

Thanks!

Green on a 92 was not laquered originally

I don’t know if it has been resprayed before me, but if not do you know what could be peeling?

It will have been resprayed. Are all panels like this?

Not really, just the boot lid and the paint above the windscreen. There are a few specs on the top of the doors, but nothing as bad

It will make it more saleable to a purchaser with being painted, but will affect the price you sell it at also. I guess just see what the value of a well presentable car is worth and what you want for the car. Someone may well want a project, as such. Some may well just want a car to be presentable and drive it. My neighbours Alfa Spider has suffered lacquer issues in recent times and wasnt a huge amount to get the affected panels redone. Mostly UV damage from being outside and flat surfaces like boot and bonnet has been his issue.

I thought Neo Green…the slightly sparkly BRG…would have been clear coated but the flat green BRG would not be. Both these greens are even bedevilled with the same paint code!

I’d take it to a bodyshop and get a price for the repair as that may help you with a decision. If the repair is cheap it’s worth doing.

Thanks all for you comments, I have taken it to a body shop today and they have quoted to do the affected panels for £450. I think for that price it will be worth it for the extra ease in selling it. Thanks again!

1 Like

Sounds reasonable.:+1:

1 Like