"Papa" and "Nicole"

If those words don’t make you think of a Renault Clio you must not own a television. I have no idea why they popped into my head this morning…but whatever happened to them?? I used to love waiting for the next in the ‘series’ to come out to see what was happening next in the world of Papa and Nicole.

What classic car adverts make you look back fondly?

3 Likes

I liked that one because I fancied “Nicole”, :heart_eyes: :heart: otherwise car ads don’t do anything for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Thierry Henry - VaVaVoom

2 Likes

I fully agree - she was very pretty!!

2 Likes

Oh yes!! I had forgotten about that one!

Renault Clio Advert - Nicole - Papa - Bing video

For those who do not remember…

1 Like

There was a Citroen advert a good few years ago (for a C4 I think), where the car transformed into a robot and started dancing. As an 80s child and a Transformers fan, I obviously thought it was pretty cool!

1 Like

As I remember, it eventually emerged that “Nicole” couldn’t actually drive (the actress, that is, not the character).

Haha I did not know that…brilliant! I always enjoy these little facts…one that always amused/annoyed me was beyonces perfume adverts…she is allergic to perfume and never wears any :roll_eyes:

The Golf GTi or was just the Golf advert had a similar pretty girl. I remember she left her mews style and set off in the car.

1 Like

This one

Assuming it was a gift that she just couldn’t part with. I forgot that content of the advert.:+1:

Estelle Skornik - she’s 50 this year :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Wow - I suddenly feel really old!!!

Well at least her chassis won’t be rotten. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Me too! :-1: But then I AM old! :worried: Or so people tell me! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I say you are only as old as you feel and today i am feeling my MX5 Steering wheel which makes me 17…which is lucky, any younger and i wouldn’t be allowed to drive!!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ah ah, I was on the set of what might have been the last papa /Nicole commercial. It was filmed in and around Aix-en-Provence, but our shots filmed on the Cours Mirabeau, at Les deux Garçons, didn’t appear much in the short.
Funnily, these papa/Nicole ads were never aired in France. But Renault did use the “Johnny and Mary” song in other commercials.
My favourite car ad ever remains the one for the Citroën CX 2 with Grace Jones, directed by Grace’s then partner Jean-Paul Goude.
“La beautée sauvage” wasn’t so much the car.

Estelle is still gorgeous.

1 Like