Parade lap

In recent editions of STHT the 15/20 Committee have asked for suggestions of how to celebrate the MX-5 Car and Club anniversary at local and national level.

One idea that has come to mind is for the committee to contact the organisers (Motion Works ?) of the 2009 Silverstone Classic and perhaps the owners of the circuit, the BRDC to see if it would be possible for the MX-5 club to do a “Parade Lap”  sometime during the weekend to mark it’s anniversary. We do have a BRDC member in the Wessex area and it would perhaps be fitting for him to lead the parade on the lap. It would certainly raise the profile of the Club and the Stand that we will have at this meeting, and as it was so well attended by MX-5 members last year and am sure it will be again this year, it would be quite a sight to see. Obviously with a full racing/track schedule it may not be viable or possible to include it within the program but I certainly think it is worth the Committee looking in to.

Good news…

Plans are already underway with regard to the Silverstone Classic this year and I thinks this idea (or one very similar possibly involving the “classics”) is already in negotiation.

Im sure PJ will be along shortly to enlighten us all as the previous posts have not been moved over on this subject

If this works out I would def’ be up for it. I blagged a ride in a Porsche 968 for their owners club parade lap @ Silverstone Classic 2007 and it made a great weekend even more memorable.