Passenger side front, side chassis hit (kerb)

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2007 nc1 2.0 sport
  2. I’m based near: __ Durham
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ Chassis hit, unseen kerb drop. Pics attached, region of hit. Borrowed from online search as does highlight the area, right side outer lip.

Pulled out of parking spot, forward onto kerb drop, unseen and obscured by view. Front left wheel down and substantial scrape underneath on what I believe to be th e transverse cross member. Folded the lip, in, rest seems undamaged apart from my pride. Sounded worse than it was I suspect but views on getting this checked out. Bolts OK, pics, tomorrow but in the interim, here’s the region, as indicated by 2. Fortunately missed anything further fwd. Thoughts appreciated. Cheers all.
To note, this pic shows brake lines on left, mine was passenger side lower hit and my brake lines on driver side.
If it needs replacing, links appreciated

476841AF-8F30-438C-8E25-793AB3CE3CEB

It’s basically done it’s job, protecting the engine/gearbox from damage. Ok it’s a brace too, a substantial piece of metal so shouldn’t be buckled apart from you say the lip. Just check it’s not buckled, you can probably get the lip knocked back and painted up to prevent corrosion.

Cheers mick. Sound advice. Took a while to dig the schematics up on part as was concerned. Worse case, 75 notes from Japan to replace, not bad. I’ll know more when I get it in the air and ramped mid week. Other than that that. Thank you. :+1:(watch out for a pic, I’ll post when possible)

Even better. Used part here. Think it’s correct.

1 Like

Yes the second link looks good, make an offer if you find you need one.:+1:

1 Like

All done mick. For the sake of messing around bending back old, offer accepted. Looks in better nick than mine too. Should be here Wednesday, rust proof, ramp, swap and job done. Thanks for confirming an on here for help. Complete gentleman.

1 Like