Past Event: Frisky Whisky Tour Sunday 17th of March

Norfolk Fives Frisky Whisky Tour: The English Whiskey Company

Date: Sunday the 17th of March

Meeting point: Norwich B&Q at the old cattle market off Hall Road, 5 Neatmarket, Norwich, NR4 6EG this has a large and quiet car park that will be easy for us to leave together. Please bring the remaining payment so i can collect this at the start. 

Meeting Time: 10:30am to leave at 10:45am (no later)

Route: Leaving Norwich via Mulbarton, Past the Bird in Hand in Wreningham, a bit cross country near Old Buckingham, and Great Hockham and on towards the English Whisky Co. (26 miles, circa 45 mins)

1 Hour Tour starting at 12 noon: includes coffee or tea whilst you wait for the tour to start. A guide will then take you onto the distilling floor and explain how whisky is made. You then move onto Warehouse 1 to see the whisky in casks, and to breathe in the amazing aroma caused by the Angels Share escaping before finally finishing with a taste of one or two of our wonderful malt whiskies.

Cost: £11.25 per person, £5 deposit is needed ASAP, please pay Ian directly at the January monthly meeting. Or direct message via this forum. 

Please confirm if you want to attend before the end of January. Due to having to pay the deposit in advance to the English Whisky Company, if your deposit is not received before the end of January your name will be removed from the list.

St Georges Distillery, home of The English Whisky Co. is the first distillery in England in over 100 years and part of Norfolk’s heritage, based just off the A11 at Roudham. Do a tour to see the gleaming copper stills, and a shop where you can also find over 200 different whiskies for sale and a wonderful selections of gift ideas. St Georges Distillery became operational in December 2006, and opened its doors to the public in 2007.

In addition to the distillery, you can visit ‘The Kitchen’, a coffee house and restaurant based in the grounds of St Georges Distillery, where you can enjoy breakfast, brunch, lunch or just relax with a coffee or cake. For those that want to skip the tour, why not go for a walk down to the river whilst the rest of your team look around the distillery.

Please reply to this post with your name, and email address so I can contact you with my bank details for the deposit to be paid. Or pay me the deposit directly at the January monthly meeting.

1.  Ian: Deposit received
  2.  Ian and Jean: Deposit received, thank you
  3.  David H Deposit received, thank you
  4.  Richard C Deposit received, thank you 
  5.  Jilly Deposit received, thank you
  6.  Mark plus 1 Deposot received, thank you
  7.  Ian and Sally Deposit received, thank you
  8.  Simon and Kay Deposit received, thank you
  9.  Paul and Linda Deposit received (double), thank you
  10.  Richard w Paid in full, thank you
  11.  Kevin A Paid in full, thank you
  12.  Michelle Deposit received, thank you
  13.  Stuart and Jules Paid in full, thank you

Yes please

Ian & Jean

Count me in. David H

Count me in please Ian.

Count me in please Ian.

Please put my name down . Thanks Jilly ??

Deposit paid -looking forward to it.
Richard

Hi Ian add me plus 1 guest thanks

List updated. Thank you every one that has paid the deposit already. 

Ian

Ian - please add myself and Linda to the people going.

How do you want me to pay the deposit - £10.00 cheque in the post or electronic transfer? Either way I’ll need a few details please.

Paul

Hi Paul.

I have just sent you a direct message with details. Look forward to seeing you there. 

Ian

Last few days to sign up to this one, and pay your deposit if you have not done so already. 

Deadline is end of January as I have to book the tour and pay deposits. 

Hi Ian

Would love to be included.  Have been meaning to visit the distillery ever since it opened.  You’re already on my online banking from a previous occasion so will ping you the deposit tomorrow.

Cheers

Richard W

Perfect. I have added you to the list. 

Ian

Hi Ian 

Please put me down for this as well, I will PM you about payment.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Ian,

can you include me? I will pm you about payment.

michelle

Hi, I can squeeze in? Will PM you for payment details.

Stuart and Jules

Thanks all of the deposits, and full payments from some, I will get this all booked today. 

Evening Ian,

Is it possible for us to join the run but not have a tour of the distillery, as have done it before? We live local to the distillery.

Thanks,

Phil & Christine