Peaks and Pennines Area visit to The World Record attempt, Elvington Airfield on June 20th

The latest information about this event is now on the main club web site

Details of the Peaks and Pennines Area visit to The World Record attempt, Elvington Airfield on June 20th (Updated June 7th)

These details may be amended slightly once the Final Instructions are received from the event organiser,

Meeting for a cuppa and butty at 9am. (or earlier if having a fully breakfast) at The Stockyard, Hellaby, leaving at 9:30 prompt our route will take us mainly on A and B roads to Elvington via Maltby, Bawtry, Finningley, Hatfield Woodhouse, Thorne and The Service Area at Glews Garage, just outside Goole, for a 20 minute comfort stop. From there its onwards via Melbourne and Sutton upon Derwent to Elvington, if there are roadworks on either of the two bridges on this section of the route we will reroute via Weldrake.

Members from other area are welcome to join our convoy to Elvington at The Stockyard

To to join this run members must pre-register their Mazda car and driver details as shown on the main Club Website.

If you intend to join the run on route please email me, before the event.

The route card will be available on the Peaks and Pennines Events web page on Friday night before the event,

Please print it out and bring it with you (or send it to your phone as a .pdf), this is a Health and Safety requirement.

If you have not already done so please read The Clubs Good Driving Guide

We hope to see you on Sunday

Burton and Lesley

1 Like

Awesome, count me in Burton and Lesley! Looking forward to meeting all you local club members :grin:

Hi there,

I’m in Mansfield and have booked to go and paid. We’d love to join up with you guys to run to the event. Can anyone send me the link for your group please.

Cheers

Go to the home page, search areas and click on Peaks and Pennines. Its all there and Burton has put instructions on the P&P page.

We’ll be there!

Mac & Bobbie

Thx for that will do. It’s put me in NEM but 90% of our runs out are into the Peaks

If you go into your membership details via the forum you can elect to receive emails and electronic newsletters from additional areas. Any member would be made welcome at any areas Social Mèetings or run, check the areas website for local restrictions before attending.

Thx for that. Will do

Hi, me and my brother would like to join up so we’ll be setting off from West Bromwich in plenty of time to grab a coffee with you.

Hi Burton, unfortunately she who must be obeyed has already made plans for that weekend so will not be able to join you. Hope you all have a great day.

Got my event pack in the post this morning. Cap is really good, pleased I went for the extras option! My gate entry is 12:00. Anyone else joining the convoy got the same time? Really looking forward to this, just hope the rain stays away so we can drive up with the roof down!!!
Cheers
Nick

Hi Burton,

After a rather difficult and uncertain eighteen months or so I’m fit and well and have just rejoined the club mainly so we can take part in this event (we were at the last attempt as you may recall). Sue and I will aim to meet you at Hellaby. :sunglasses:

Final details on The Peaks and Pennines website shortly , you are welcome to join us.

Hoping to join at Goole, see you then