Performance exhausts

Hi friends. I’m a new member with a 2012 Venture 2.0.

I’m considering a performance exhaust and would welcome your opinions on brand, sound, comfortable levels of noise on the road with the top down, and technical advice on whether anything else should be changed apart from the backbox. Thanks in advance.

I did a cobra race back box - I was only ever keep it NA not forced. sound was great for bang for buck

From a performance perspective the main bottleneck is the exhaust manifold, which narrows substantially at the primary cat.

Changing the exhaust manifold to a free flowing performance manifold will enable a remap to give bigger gains, but both would need to be done.

Just changing the backbox would give negligible performance gains, but would possibly look and sound better.

Exactly this. Decide on your purpose and budget. Also, do remind that replacing that manifold does also make the car sound slightly better. But even without remap the benefits in speed are significant.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.