Phone mount - 3.5

Has anyone found a super-neat solution for how to mount a phone in a 3.5 I wonder??

Hiya, not exactly a stand alone item but I installed this head unit which utilises your phone as the screen. It is certainly super neat! :+1:

Barrie
1 Like

It really is but I’ve just got myself a Galaxy… :frowning:

So have I :grinning: S10+ here, fits perfectly in the holder, either portrait or landscape orientation!
Barrie

That’s confusing, it says Ipod/iPhone…

How difficult to fit??

Easy enough TBH. DOWNLOAD THE pioneer Smartsync app which connects the phone to the unit. You can even get parking sensors which display on your phone! Take the phone off the holder, fold that out of the way and it looks like a conventional single din head unit, which you can use as a normal unit, charge your phone from it too! You will need a fascia kit and patch leads, same as for any head unit swap in a NC but then retain steering wheel controls etc! I suppose its an expensive phone holder but it gives me everything I want, SAT NAV, Bluetooth, Spotify, speech recognition control, phone integration, oh and its even a radio :rofl: good equaliser on it too and button/display colour choices to match your lighting.
Barrie

Sounds brilliant but I’ve also just bought a bluetooth gizmo that was mentioned on here that plugs into the power socket. It will take the bluetooth signal from your phone and send it to the head unit via the aux input.
It will also allow hands free calls and power the phone via a USB lead.
All I really need is a way to mount the phone neatly, so I can use it to control music and as satnav

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: yes I know, as I said, would be an expensive phone mount!! Mx5Parts do a Brodit phone mount (or did) have a look there maybe? :thinking:
Good luck with your search!
Barrie

1 Like

Unfortunately, the Brodit seems to be for the Mark 3 only and doesn’t get rave reviews - shame…

@Bettabuilda, what app do you use to play music with your Galaxy?

The music icon on the main screen takes me to “Library”,which is some kind of subscription service…

Morning! I use Spotify, which I think is great :+1: then Bluetooth it around various devices (soundbar, BT speaker, car etc) I also have amazon music with prime subscription but never use that.
Barrie

1 Like

Thanks.
I’m used to using an ipod touch with the music loaded on it via iTunes.
Will have to interrogate my Spotify using daughter.
Does it live stream and if so, are you not prone to losing the signal?
Does it not consume lots of data allowance?
I think I only have 1GB per month…
Jeremy

got the brodit on my mk 3 and it’s fine, 3.5 doesn’t look different in the relevant area?

1 Like

Interesting
Any chance of a pic of it with phone mounted?

Is that all Brodit or have you added your own modifications??

Looks great

just brodit, takes seconds to fit ,didn’t need to use the sticky pad provided, the holder is for an i phone, but fits the samsung fine,

1 Like

I’ve fitted a JVC touchscreen head unit and put the phone mount inside the compartment between the seats where the petrol cap opener is. The cable is run under the centre console and comes out of the space where the petrol opener pull ring is.
This way the fone is connected for android auto and hidden from view.

1 Like