Photo Thread Breakout Chat

Moved

Share your favourite MX-5 picture, simple rules.

• One photo per post
  • Rough date
  • Short description of the situation
  • Photoā€™s only in the thread, take any breakout chat into this topic: Photo Thread Breakout Chat

Car looks very, very nice GeeJay :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

John,where did you get the wind breaker? Loving the headrest inserts, they look fantastic!

Barrie

It is made by a Germany company of toughened glass and supplied with all you need to fit it (takes about 15/20 mins. The inserts in the head rests also cut down on the draft across our shoulders (my wife is very happy now)
The only problem I find is that at night I get a little glare reflecting on the glass whilst looking in the rear view mirror, but as I donā€™t drive it that much at night itā€™s not a problem.
Not cheap to buy. Link: https://www.windschott.eu/en/

1 Like

To paraphrase a song on the White Album, ā€œgot to be good looking 'cause itā€™s so hard to seeā€.

The best photo yet.

1 Like

Good tyres though!

Hi Chris, If Iā€™m not mistaken, some very nice Harrierā€™s in the formation. Wher was that taken?

Hi Rob, taken at my place of work, check them out on the link below !

1 Like

Thanks Chris, they say itā€™s a small world. As a boy I lived where the Harrier was first built and tested at Dunsfold P1127. By Hawker Dudley. The sound once heard is never forgotten. We just tend to sell all our good ideas and I believe these went to MacDonald Douglas in the States and they used to pick up two at a time, with the wings off into a Galaxy C5 in the early 1970ā€™s probably before you were born. Thanks for the bit of nostalgia. The museum for my picture was in Surrey on the old Vickers site. Probably a bit far for you to visit lol. Take care stay safe.

Hawker Sidley, darn predictive text :slight_smile:

Cool - where was that? I used to work on Harriers so well jealous!

1 Like

Morning Bruce what a day that was :roll_eyes: looking closely is that Yoshi in the background? If I remember correctly it was me driving and catching up upā€‹:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

@MX-5BRU That looks like a car I test drove a few months back at Mazda in Northwich??? Canā€™t be surely?

Hmm, I donā€™t know if Iā€™m seeing it right, but I think the little box hedge has been attacked by the dreaded box moth caterpillars. Iā€™ve just had to take out all our box balls and burn them. :sob:
I fear this might be next on your list. :exploding_head:

1 Like

There are some deadā€™s leaves on top that the leaf blower didnā€™t pick up, is that the area you are looking at? Needs a good trim, I always leave bush trimming to my fiancĆ©.

I really do hope itā€™s just that.
However if the leaves are still attached and thin and transparent, that is the bad sign of having had hatchlings. They drop down into the soil, then a bit later come up again to eat whole leaves as green caterpillars about 2 - 3mm diameter and about 8 - 15mm long.

No they are just dead cuttings on the top.

1 Like

@IanH, Lovely photo :+1:

@J_P Your 5 looks like new :+1:

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s in really nice nick, under the bonnets had some work done, tidy little motor

3 Likes