PHRT Rattle on release catch. Fix?

Hi,
The release catch button on my folding hard top has developed a rattle. Can be fixed by holding my finger on it, but does anyone have a ‘safer’ fix?:grinning:

This happened to mine once or twice and I couldn’t stop it.
I just pulled the latch down very slightly, less than 3mm or 1/8" and it cured it.
At this point there is no way the roof can become unlatched.
I never did find out what was causing it.

I had that and one of the bolts had dropped out. Plastic trims off and Loctite the bolt back in.
Might not be that of course.

I’ll have a look at the weekend. Thanks.

I had this too on my '07 PRHT, exactly as you describe.

For me, it was the ‘Release’ button rattling when it was cold. Even the slightest touch would make it go quiet until you remove your finger. After the interior warmed up then it didn’t rattle.

I tried a few temporary workarounds to shut it up but I couldn’t figure out how to make it stay permanently quiet - at least not without a blob of Blue Tack bridging the minute gap between button and cover.

So, last year, I bought a new Roof Latch Cover which comes with button fitted. It fixed it straight away and has been fine for more than a year.

Just before Christmas, in the really cold snap, it started again! Has stopped now but I’m sure it’ll return. I’ll be interested if you find a permanent fix.

(I now think I might try some electrical tape stuck to one the walls of the recess that is visible while the button is pressed. Might be just enough to stop the rattle but not foul the button’s path.)

1 Like

I have the same problem and was planning to do exactly what you have described. It drove me mad yesterday. Lets hope the simple solution works.

It was 5 degrees with mine yesterday. It was crackling away and really getting on my nerves.

Had a similar issue and thanks to this forum it’s solved, not sure if that’s the cause in your case but here is my original post (and the solution…).