Picture upload

I’m on android and I can’t find one !!!

It’s an option provided by chrome to run as a chrome native app:

• Visit the forum in chrome.
  • From Chrome’s menu (top right).
  • Choose add to home screen.
  • Rename it if you like.

Voilà! It’s its own “app” now with no address bar.

2 Likes

A bit like having a handy bookmark to open yet another tab in FF (on a PC)?
Does the Android Chrome app log you in properly, as if going through the MX-5 OC ‘Home’ page?

Once authenticated the first time you’re not normally asked to reauthenticate, I have links to 3 different Discourse based forums which all work seamlessly.

1 Like

Hmm, as a general rule I use a bookmark in FF on this PC to go directly to the Forum page, but I’ve noticed it is a bit random whether or not “Club Member” appears after my username.

The tick on the avatar roundel also sometimes vanishes, but much less often.

It might go several days and I’m fully logged in (like right now), but suddenly Club Member vanishes and I need to go back to Home page and login if I want to access a Members Only area. When that happens, Forum page suggests I’m logged in (“Log Out” showing at the top, as now), but Home page in a new tab not (“Log In” showing at the top, as now).

Inconsistent. But I’m living with it and not complaining. However, as the topic cropped up…

To RichardFX: personally, I always sign out of all my apps individually every day.
Clicking on the app’s icon to start my next session takes me to the forum’s home page, not the main MX5OC’s page. I can then click on “log-in” link at the top of the page to sign in.
Once signed in, The app brings back the last page I was viewing, but I now have access to “members-only” options. So I guess it is similar to the forum’s desktop site in that respect.
Best app I currently use. Never crashes (might have jinxed it now!), and best way to upload photos taken on my phone, as size is never an issue. Even internet sourced photos load up without issues. I have had more problems on dating apps… :yum:
Sorry for the long story. English is my second language.

1 Like

I got Mac desktop… its a pain with uploading pictures in fact a pain with anything not Apple !

Best way I found way email yourself the picture from phone, open mail, download to desktop…

Then upload from desktop, works everytime for me.