Pioneer radio

1. My model of MX-5 is: nc
  2. I’m based near: essex
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Pioneer MVH-A210BT
    Just bought my self a Pioneer MVH-A210BT, am going to wire it in but see that it has a handbrake cable to wire in as well, anyone messed with these before?

My Pioneer had one too BUT I didnt mess with it.
Is it a green one and to be linked to the reversing camera sysytem (if you fit one, that is)?

It is a green one yes, with a scotch lock on the end to crimp it on, but i dont knownhow vital it is if i dont want to use a reversing camera. Will the screen still work?

I linked the handbreak cable using the supplied clip on vampire connector. No problem and unlikley to give any grief in future (wouldn’t use a vampire clip on anything important).

On modern radios you need to get creative about bypassing this as it is not as simple as not connecting, or connecting to a positive feed. Google it. If you don’t connect it, various functions wont be available - such as video or set up screens that shoud only be used when staionary.

1 Like

I have a double din pioneer system in my MX. I think the handbrake connection is only to stop you viewing videos while moving.

My understanding is that it is to prevent you watching DVDs while the car is moving. I think it needs to be grounded to allow DVDs to play.

I have a pioneer (new this year), and there are definitely some functionality is missing if does not detect the handbrake activation (not as simple as permanently grounding the cable). Yes to video play, but also some menu options.

Just fitted one 2 weeks ago it needs to be grounded to ensure full functionality - I cheated and fitted it to an earth (I watched a YouTube video and if you have it professional installed they will do it if you sign a waiver) - getting the original one out with the side nut is a different storey :slight_smile: