Pipercross Airfilter - Great use of £38!

Just thought I would recommend a very cheap and easy upgrade, I put in a Pipercross Airfilter and took the old one out that looked like a cotton wool mountain range, and I am amazed how much more responsive the 2.0 NC2 feels. What came out was clean, but obviously surprisingly restrictive.

This mirrors my own feeling/buttometer…I didn’t really expect to feel any difference and was just happy enough with never having to buy another oe filter. But I genuinely feel that the car is ever so more sprightly.

We could be collectively be experiencing the ‘washed car effect’ It always drives better when clean!

3 Likes

I bought one but yet to fit it, they are £28 on ebay delivered. PP1773 is the filter code, it was for a NC1 but I think the later NC’s use the same filter/box :+1:

1 Like

As my car is always clean, I’m relying on said buttometer, lol !!

2 Likes

I put in the Pipercross a few months back, there are lots of threads on here about whether they make a difference or not. I found that I got a slight little growl which was good and possibly better throttle response; but that could be the washed car effect :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like