Play my phone through stereo

I went ahead and bought the Firefly Chat, plugged it in, paired it to my wife’s phone and it works a treat. Thanks for your suggestions @Keat63 - you overestimate my capabilities, and nothing could be easier than the Firefly. My only complaint is my wife’s taste in music (o;.

1 Like

Hi,
I just got one of these. It works a treat.

1 Like

@hollywood

You probably have the first one in the UK which works a treat then.
I’ve no boubt that the Bluetooth bit works OK, but I’ve never seen one where the FM transmission is all that cracking.
Everyone I’ve envountered suffered from whilstles, and radio station bleed.

Part of the problem stems from the fact that the FM transmitter can only legally produce a certain amount of power, before it falls foul of radio licensing laws.
Too much power and youll need a broadcasters license.
Too little power and they are easily overwhelmed by other radio signals.

1 Like

The other part of the problem with these FM bzzt!kthhingies is that the aerial receiving it is at the far end/side of the car with lots of metalwork in the way blocking the weak signal. So when the white van playing House in the other lane is transmitting right next to your aerial, it stamps all over your quiet Vivaldi.

I gave up on mine since I never needed the useless Bluetooth and instead plug the jack lead from the Aux on the back of the head-unit into my ear-player or someone else’s phone.

I use something similar (Belkin Tune-Base) but with the jack plug on the unit connected to the one in the car. I have a 3.5 Miyako and there is an auxiliary socket next to the lighter-type socket. The FM part of it is wasted as it is by-passed. This arrangement works really well.
However, I have ordered the above unit because it includes hands free and has 2 USB sockets. It’ll be interesting to see how it works out.

Jeremy

Hi Guys, just an update!!, been waiting for my bluetooth v4.2 transmitter to arrive [6 weeks ish??] got onto them this morning told they will give me a refund, so now back onto looking for a different make, i see the Tunai Firefly chat looks OK, BUT!! does it work ok has i do not want to buy yet another device that does not work, i have the harness that goes into the back off the head unit so any more advice on which unit to purchase please, i only want to play music from my phone [to save me having a load of CDs in the glove box] and to be able to receive and make calls, PLEASE anybody , thanks. Steve

I have a 2009 Sport Tech with BOSE. It has bluetooth for phone calls built in and works OK for me.

Re playing music and podcasts from my phone, being a cheapskate I have one of these bluetooth receivers (£13). and a low profile USB adapter for the power outlet/cigarette lighter. Works for me.

I have installed the gizmo and it works well. It is a tight fit though and has to be almost forced into place.
The lower usb socket is inaccessible when in place but the upper one powers the phone and the 3.5 mm socket and cable fit the auxiliary socket in the dash nicely, allowing the phone to bluetooth to the unit, which then transfers the signal to the sound system. So music, calls and satnav all go through the unit to the ‘stereo’…

A neat solution.

Jeremy

Hi Everyone again, i have ordered a 5.0 bluetooth receiver has suggested by Jingars [see above] should be here tomorrow again i will let you know how i go, on a lighter note ,the v4.2 i was waiting for [about 6 weeks], the firm have given me a refund but they now want me to give them positive feedback , having asked each of the last 6 weeks where it was and told to wait. what do you think [ha ha ha] , Steve

If its coming from CN, watch it turn up 10 minutes after you get your refund.

If they were plain lazy and didn’t send one, then my feedback would reflect this.
Unfortunately, you just don’t know.
Leave neutral. :slight_smile: