Please explain why "to all fellow share owners" has been locked!?!?

The question is in the heading! There is no other reason that I can see other than a moderator, who is also a contributor, protecting his point of view and attitude. Surely that is a conflict of interest and shouldn’t be allowed. Once you become a contributor on a thread the moderator powers should be forfeit otherwise there is a possibility of manipulative self-interest and an abuse of power. Any moderation is such a case should be referred to another party. Maybe a change in the rules is required?

5 Likes

Yes, unlock the thread please.
Not MX5 related, granted but I think of general interest.

Thank you

4 Likes

I was enjoying following that thread.

3 Likes

It did go off topic but in the ‘life, universe and everything’ section does that really matter.

Someone said something and was asked for justification of their views, don’t see too much wrong with that.

Don’t think anything in there could be construed as financial advice.

If we can’t have a bit of a grumble without being cut off in our prime it’s a bit unfair.

3 Likes

Sincere apologies if any of my remarks were construed as financial advice.

That waa not my intention. I thought I was expressing a viewpoint but wouldn’t expect anyone to make a financial decision based on threads on a car forum.

3 Likes

Don’t think anyone would think it was financial advice. I was just wondering what possible reason there could be for the locking.

Perhaps we should pepper all our posts with ‘allegedly’ and ‘some may say’ and insert a disclaimer.

Disclaimer : The writer of this post is an idiot. Don’t take anything he says at face value. His predictions are likely not to come true. Betamax, it’s the future.

2 Likes

Completely agree. The person who locked this earlier thread can be unreasonable on some posts unfortunately.

1 Like

Agree with you Countryboy. :+1:

1 Like

Just realised that on the new forum we can see who has done the locking.

Perhaps I’ll stop there. Mustn’t question anybody’s opinions.

1 Like

What a pity! :crazy_face:

We all know a moderator who would remove posts when someone questioned his unreasonable posts and also remove his own posts when they were proved to be without a basis in fact.

He does have his fan boys!!!

That’s fine Eddie, but I still think that on any thread you should be either a contributor OR a moderator, not both at the same time.

1 Like

We both agree to that but we both are aware of who I’m referring too.

If you’re referring to the person who locked the thread in question, then “yes”, if not then it’s not relevant is it. On any thread as contributors we can all edit/alter/change our own posts beyond recognition, a virtual deletion of the original in fact, but we can’t delete anyone else’s, unless we’re a moderator as well, that’s the difference.

Irrespective of the original thread content and any actions around it this one now looks like a virtual lynch mob with people not involved in the original thread taking the opportunity to have a go.

Go and read the section of the rules related to moderation and reflect on those individually and not on this thread which I’m locking.

As always play the ball not the player.