Plusnet Email

I would like to be able to save permanently certain Emails sent to me.

I usually delete old Emails when the amount to get up to 300 or so, and I would like to save particular Emails at the time I receive them so I don’t inadvertently delete them.

Can anyone advise me how to do this please?  

Just “Forward” them on to a piggy-back/ designated Email address.

Create something special to you like "Pollystorage@gmail.com or similar. 

Either that or see if Plusnet has an “archive” option. Most providers do.

I would get the email forwarded to a gmail(googlemail) account where it is very easy to label individual emails and save them in label designated folders.

My emails are disorganised as too much going on. Gmail has been good to  me for at least 15 years and is recommended.

All my website email gets forwarded to my two gmail accounts - business & private.  

or print them out as a pdf document and save them on your computer in a folder of your choice. I do this for some stuff I need to keep. 

Or not do as I did and save emails in Mozilla’s Thunderbird, archive emails, save to external hard drive, lose power supply for said hard drive 15 years later. Try random power supply that seems to fit, realise random supply is 15V not 12V, blow drive. Fulminate on what could have been.

yes if it is a few special emails saving to paper and putting somewhere safe may be an idea together with saving online to a gmail address.

Are you using webmail (ie viewing via your web browser) or are you using an email client like Thunderbird or Outlook.

Using POP3 or Imap. ??

Lots of options but saving emails should not be overly difficult.

If using webmail, then unless your mailbox has capacity limitations, it’s highly lilely that they will remain in your PlusNet mailbox for as long as you leave them there.

Delete the ones you don’t want to retain, leave the others behind

Does the PlusNet mailbox have facility to create a seperate folder, i’d iamgine it does.

If so, create a new folder named ‘saved’, and move any emails from your inbox to the saved folder.

You may even be able to drag and drop from one folder to the other.

It should also be possible to create rules to do the same.

Something along the lines of:

If From Address = someone@somewhere.com

or if

Address = someone@somewhere-else.com

Then Move to ‘saved’ folder

Alternatively, if using an email client like thunderbird or outlook, perform the same.

Create a new folder within the client app, and drag & drop from one folder to the other.

If using POP3 on a client app (Thunderbird etc), when the emails are collected from PlusNet, it’s highly likely, that these will be removed at the PlusNet end leaving your mailbox empty.

If using Imap, they will only be removed at the PlusNet end when you delete them.

Anything on your client app, will undoubtedly be lost if your hard drive ever failed.

Anything on PlusNet, could potentially be there for ever or until you close your account.

I did a job for the police forensics science lab in Weatherby about 25 years ago, whereby they had removed a hard drive from a criminals computer and then subsequntly blown it up.

Desperate to gather the evidence, I was given the job of fixing the problem.

Simple solution, obtain the identical hard drive and swapped the PCB’s over.

I probably saved someone career that day.