Polish fivers on the Transalpina in Romania

So today whilst crossing the Transalpina road in Romania (https://maps.app.goo.gl/1V2mehqLa4tSvLR87?g_st=ic ) in a underpowered 17 year old Dacia Logan (sadly), at the highest point I saw this little clutch of cars. Interestingly, they’ve all had magnetic deckles made to put on the sides of their cars.

12 Likes

Interesting, a yellow MK3, special edition for Poland, re-sprayed, wrapped?
Whatever it looks good!

Although I did speak to the owner, that wasn’t something I asked him about.

Looking at the decal info, it seems they’re on a trip to drive three of the most interesting/challenging roads in Romania. If they’ve driven from Poland, and then stayed in hotels around Romania (which they’ve inevitably had to, in order to drive those three roads) that’s quite a bit of cost, commitment and logistics.

Gotta hand it to those Polish Fivers!

Apart from the Polish folks above, you hardly ever see a MX5 in Romania. The do exist, just nowhere near the volumes you see on British roads. I’ve spent about a week in Bucharest on this trip and only seen two. A ND RF and this one, parked near the city centre yesterday. It had no visible rust or bodged repairs and it was in pristine condition. So obviously someone’s pride and joy here.

I know we occasionally get posts on here from at least one Bucharest based MX5er, so maybe he will recognise it:-)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.