polish

I have. Yes. Not mine. A mate had it…It does work well.

I clay bar mine after which I use Autoglym super resin polish and then a coat of Autoglym paint sealant. Works a treat.

2 Likes

Yes that’s correct… Do that with all mine.
Also, make sure you don’t use the 100% polyester microfiber cloths… Use 70% polyester plus 30% polyamide cloths.
The 100% polyester cloths are too harsh on the paint. The 70/30 cloths are very soft in comparison. Makes a huge difference to the finish of the paintwork, imo of course

Having applied the Bilt Hamper, on closer inspection some of the polish unfortunately found its way on to the black plastic trim over the wheel arches on my CX-3 (after doing my MX5!). It’s proving a pig to remove - any suggestions? Thanks.

Rubbers (Erasers)

2 Likes

Worked a treat - many thanks

1 Like

have you tried parking it out of the wind ?

There are special washes for microfibre cloths, do a search on good old Google, they extend their useful life considerably

I use non bio liquid detergent. Works fine, but if you wish, there are dedicated wash liquids for the job:

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-accessories/microfibres-and-towels/microfibre-wash.aspx

Use a pencil eraser, works a treat

Hello Guys,
I have a 99 NB in Twighlight Blue. I have used Megulilars ceramic twice.
Last month during a heavy rain storm in Norfolk I got some fallen leaves on the bonnet which were left overnight. When I removed them the next day I found they have left marks on the paint which remain after a good wash!
Any Ideas to remove?
Thanks
Nic

Leaves contain chemicals, usually tannin and other acids (think of tea-stains in the sink). These might react with the wax etc.

A good thorough wash to neutralise them, and a re-wax might fix it.

If not then best to seek advice from a professional detailer with the correct equipment to assess the problem.

1 Like

Thanks Richard,
I did try washing (I use stardrops as theres no salt in it) then reaplied Meguiars ceramic wax to the bonnet and wing tops to no avail!
I finally removed it using Autoglym Super Resin Polish and will finish off using Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.
Regards
Nic