Polybush front anti roll bar bushes

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2.0 Sport Tech
  2. I’m based near: Sutton Coldfield_
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Fitting front anti roll bar bushes.

Hi, I am replacing my front anti roll bar bushes on my 2012 2.0 ltr sport tech. I have manged to get the old bush off but when I fit the polybush, there is a 1-2 mm gab between the 2 halves and the bracket will not fit over the bush. Is this normal, is it a case that as I tighten the nuts on the bracket it will pull down over the bush? Just worried about damaging the threads on the brackets any advice/tips appreciated. The bushes are from MX5 parts and they say it will fit any mk 3, 3.5 and 3.75

Yes the polybush is a much harder material so does not compress as much as rubber. I have done both front and rear on my launch edition and had the same trouble, but everything lines up once the bolts are tightened.
Let me know how the car feels after install, as from my experience, the poly gave better handling in corners but created more preload spring over bumps making the ride bumpy and harsh. I have since gone back to original rubber.

Thanks Sparks, MX5 parts got back to me and advised it wont fit as i have a hard top and the ARB is thicker. They have recimmended sime OE rubber ones so gone for them instead. Partly based on your feedback and the fact I kniw these will fit. Thanks for your feedback much appreciated