Possible Gurston Down Hill Climb Day

Hi Mal
It would have to be either 4 June or 2 July for us. Two cars
Judith & Alastair

Iā€™m from out of area but looks like Madge might be ready for 1st week of May or June should no more in the next week. Thanks for looking into this.

ATM I can make all the dates - the April one might be tight as my car is currently with Rodders being worked on, so ideally not April.

Hi Mal
With exception of April, I am good for the other 3 dates
Regards
Howard

Many thanks for all the replies thus farā€¦keep 'em comingšŸ˜‰

Could you put me down for the Tuesday May 7th please, who and or where do we pay ? TIA

Hi Mal.
7th May for me.
Tug

Is there any news as to who is confirmed for May 7th, really like to go with poss +1 for lunch, is there a page here or elsewhere through which we pay :thinking:TIA

1 Like

Little update, Malski kindly messaged me to say that Tony will be in touch with everyone who expressed their interest in due course.

2 Likes

Grand. Iā€™ve booked myself a hotel in Salisbury for 6th May - which I notice is a Bank Holiday, so I can take my time driving down and find some interesting roads in the Cotswolds and Downs along the way. Looking forward to the event, and to meeting people!

Nick

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for your responses and for confirming your available dates also, much appreciated :+1:

For ease of accounting and logging which days members prefer etc, I have transpoosed your responses into a ā€œGoogle Docs Tableā€, as the MX5OC Forum and Calendar handle Google Docs Files easier and they automatically update when the master doc is edited - which is a bonus :+1:

[Gurston Down Attendees List]
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e5vJCXnSWNtZrjdAFIU8tKNtf6Fg_UtmwhMZNvvsvwk/edit?usp=sharing)

NB: Click on the above link to open the table!

Please check your entries to make sure I have got your details and repsonses correct and notify of any errors on this thread.

FAo: Art_Tidesco: You will have company on the 7th May, as you will see from the table.

Unfortunately, I will not be available on the 7th May, as I donā€™t get back from L.A until 9th May, so will have to pick another date, which I am still deciding on, due to my mother-in- law being very ill at the moment :frowning_face:

Kind Regards

Mal

3 Likes

Thanks Mal, hope you MIL makes a full and speedy recovery.

1 Like

Canā€™t do that date now Iā€™m afraidšŸ˜³

Thanks for all your kind help in setting this up for us all, Mal. Have a super time in L.A. and I hope your mother-in-law is getting the care she needs.

Nick

1 Like

Thanks Mal - my entry looks correct. May 7th is is fine atm if that is looking like a popular date. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law too.

Hi Simon,

Good to hear your entry is correct and for confirming that 7th May is your proffered datešŸ‘

Thanks also for your kind message.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

By way of a quick update on this one, as of today, so hot off the press!

Tony Record (Gurston Down Press Officer), popped around today and we got our heads together to have a chat about this event and unfortunately, the 7th May is already oversubscribed. So, Tony now has 11 places in June and 16 places in July as of today.

So, the upshot is, if you can do either of the aforementioned dates, please contact;
Tony Record , Gurston Down Press Officer press@gurstondown.co.uk as soon as possible ,to book and pay for your session.

Please note: Passengers are not allowed in any car, it is only the driver to be in the car.

Spectators are welcome and lunch on the day is Ā£20 and need sso to be booked with Tony.

For info: Lunch is cold meats, potatoes, plus dessert and the cost includes tea and coffee in the morning. Also, Cakes and Tea in the afternoon. So you will be well catered for and will have a great day :+1: :smiley:

Best Regards

The Solent Team

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Mal :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve contacted Tony, and unfortunately theyā€™re not able to include me in the 7th May slot that I thought Iā€™d got booked. Such things happen, and Iā€™ll cancel the hotel Iā€™d booked.

I canā€™t make the June or July dates, so Iā€™ll wish everyone lots of fun at those events, and hopefully be able to try again next year.

Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Really sorry to hear that news and that you have had to cancel your hotel :anguished:

Unfortunately, we are in the hands of Gurston Down and they are obviously accepting bookings from several car clubs and the earlier dates had gone.

On the upside, think of the money you will save :wink:

Regards

Mal

2 Likes