Possible Gurston Down Hill Climb Day

Hi Everyone,

We had a couple of people at The Wheel Alignment Speciatlst Technical Session in November ask us about the possibility of a Track/Hill Climb Day. So, to this end we have a contact at Gurston Down and we sent Tony an email asking if there was the possibility of a session for Solent Area and he has come back with the following;

They don’t do Track Days as such at Gurston Down but do Hill Climb Days for 20 max people and could possibly stretch to a few more, if take-up is good.

They could also accomodate 10 pople in one month and another 10 people the following month to achieve numbers, so they are quite flexible :+1:

They would even do a batch of 5 people for two sessions. So, 5 people for one session and another 5 the month after that.

The Price is for the day is per car and drivers cannot share cars. It has to be a driver per car.

The cars must be the drivers own car and be roadworthy, fully taxed, MOT’d and insured etc.

Long sleeve shirts must be worn, so a pair of Jeans and a long sleeved shirt would be essential (NO SHORTS) and helmets can be provided if you don’t have one to hand.

If we were able to take a group, Tony has arranged a significant discount over the usual £220 per day. A group of 5 would be £185 each and a group of ten £175 each, which includes lunch, coffee & tea etc So, if we could meet the numbers to get the £175 deal, that would be great.

Guests are welcome to observe and can can have lunch for £25, with tea/coffee in morning and tea & cake in afternoon.

The day is a taster to enable people to find out what Hill Climbing is all about, without having to buy all the necessary gear, so a good insight.

The day wil consist of full safety briefs and drivers will be trained on what what Hill climbs are all about, walk the hill and then do runs and get marked on their performance over the course of the day.

Time of arrival at Gurston Down would be: 08:30am at the latest

Leaving time would be: 4:30 pm (approx)

Dates are listed on the website but are: 1st Tues in April May June & July, when it should hopefully be better weather :crossed_fingers:

If you think you would definately be interested in this event, please reply to this post and we will run a list on the “first come-first served basis” :grinning:

Best Regards

The Solent Team

Attendees List;

1. Mal Rowland (Malski21)
  2. Geoff Lowe ( tardis56)
  3. Richard Tugwell (Tug) - Tues 7th May
  4. Tamas Gyalai (tamasg)
  5. Howard Lawrence (62blues) - all dates except April
  6. Gill & Mark Wheatly (Barbara_BBR)
  7. Julian (Super_7) - all dates except April as car in garage!
  8. H & Hels Bradley (walkbythesea)
  9. Judith & Alistair Sheen (Redfox) - 4th June or 2nd July
  10. Nick Rosenthal (McrNick) - Tues 7th May
  11. Ralph Colmar (ArtTidesco) - Tues 7th May
  12. Greg Walker (Greg_Walker) - Passenger only!
1 Like

I’d be interested!

Looking on Gurston’s website I think these must be places on their official drivers’ school. If that’s the case I’d be interested. I’m a Lincs not a Solent area member, but hopefully that’d be OK .

Hi Super_7,

You would be most welcome to join us. I will add you to the list.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal.
Definitely interested in this one.

Richard

Thanks Mal :+1:

Very interested Mal
Regards
Howard

Is going down hill more challenging ? :thinking:

:wink:

1 Like

I did the school day at Gurston it was great fun but a tiring day as I drove up from Cornwall did the hillclimb school then drove home to Cornwall I was in my Eunos 1800.
Its well worth the effort to learn more about yourself and the car.

2 Likes

I am definitely going if this goes ahead :slight_smile:

Hi Mal,
I am very interested! We have a BBR turbo LE and I think she would love it! We recently joined the Solent group.
Kind regards
Gill

Good morning Gill,

We are pleased to hear you have recently joined Solent Area and look forward to seeing you and your BBR Turbo LE.
We will add yoi tot he list of attendees.

Regards

Team Solent

Hi Everyone,

For info, an attendees list has been added to Post #1.

Regards

Team Solent

Hi Mal - can you add me to the list please - Julian (aka S7)
Thanks

I’m definitely interested, I’d just need a bit of notice in the confirmed date to get the time off work

Hi Mal
We’re both interested, subject to date.

Thanks

Judith Sheen Alastair Sheen
ND Sport Recaro NA 1.8i

Please could I add my name to this list? Some hill climb tuition sounds fun!

Thank you,

Nick

I would be keen to attend, but would just like to spectate & possibly grab a ride as a passenger.

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for all your replies and expressions of interest for this event. We now have 11 members who have said they would like to try this event and the date clip below shows the dates for the Hill Climb School Days in 2024.

If you could all reply soonest, letting me know your preffered date(s) especially as the first available date is Tuesday 2nd April, this would greatly assist the organisers in allocating spaces to you, as it can appreciated it is very unblikely that everyone would be acocmodtated on the same day, due to take up by others for this event.

Kind Regards

Team Solent

please could I go for Tuesday 7th May?

Many thanks,

Nick