Posted on behalf of Greg Walker - A trip to Folembray, France via Eurotunnel

Hi Everyone,

Please see below a message from Greg Walker, who has booked the below trip to Folembray, France, in October. If anyone in Solent, or any of our neighbouring areas wishes to join Greg for this visit, please respond to this post;

Greg says; I have just booked a 3 day road trip starting 5th October to Folembray in France via Eurotunnel. Middle day the group has the track to itself for a whole day track day. MX5 only. £389 includes tunnel, circuit charges and hotel B&B. Breakfast is continental. That’s for car +1. Deposit £99 payable on booking. Extra person adds £80 overall & £80 to deposit. Any other interest in Solent group?

I’m guessing that’s 2 nights in the hotel.

I think I saw details on MX5 OC Facebook page. The contact is Adam Lamb. I can put you in touch if interested, but you might be able to find the original message on Facebook without any help from me.

The contact for this trip, Adam Page and Adam says that 20 cars have currently signed up & paid their deposits. The limit being 50 cars.

Unfortunately, Serena and I are away on a family holiday in Derbyshire, so unable to go but it would be nice if there are others from Solent or neighbouring areas that may wish to go along.

Reminder:The event is limited to 50 cars, so only 30 spaces left, as of 3rd July 2022.

Regards

Greg Walker

Following is the email I received from Adam Lamb

Thanks for your interest in the trip. We will all meet at Folkestone at 11.30am on the 5th of October to sort out all the tickets and paperwork ready to board the 1.20 train to Calais. Once on the other side in France we will regroup and head to our overnight stay in Soissons at the Kyriad Hotel. Which is about a 3hr drive from Calais depending on speeds
Once checked in the rest of the day is your own to spend as you wish, but most people seem to just want to relax and have something to eat and a couple of drinks before getting an early night ready for the track day.

Thursday morning there is a continental breakfast on offer at the hotel (at an additional cost). We will depart at 8am and travel about half an hour to the Circuit Da Folembray. Where we will book in and cover over the health and safety and track rules etc. In the morning we will be going out in groups so that everyone can get a feel for the circuit and pace they are comfortable at. There is never more than 20 cars on track at any one time. And being a fairly long track, it means you will not be bunched up or feel intimidated.

The track day ends at 5pm and we then returned to the hotel to freshen up, we try to all go into town as a group and have a few drinks and some food and talk about the day’s high and lows. And a great way to get new friends.

On Friday morning we will depart for our return crossing from Calais. Our tickets are open for a return ferry any time on the 6th so you are free to make your own way back if you wish or travel back as part of the main group

Also there will be a professional photographer at the track who will produce a usb stick for you to buy of the day’s events. Full public liability insure and medical team on standby at the circuit

The full cost of the trip is just £389 per car and includes the driver. Passengers are welcome but there is an additional cost per person of £80. If you would like to be part of this trip then you can secure you place with a £99 deposit payable by debit or credit card. This event is proving very popular and us limited to 50 cars. If you would like to book your place, please let me know.
Regards

Adam