Posting Images

In my opinion and it may not be only mine but, I think this website is no where near as good as it used to be, mainly because of those greedy people at photobucket. There are not enough pictures being uploaded to our site as there used to be so as I am an idiot when it comes to computers I have bitten the bullet and asked my young granddaughter to teach me how to do it. Within fifteen minutes she taught me so I could write it all down in a way that other people who were interested could also understand. And to be honest I think it is even better than photobucket and if I can do it, any one can. So people here you are below, read on. 

How to put images on to a website

1 Save the image, with a name of the image onto a file IE DESKTOP for instance.

2 Give the image a name that you should try to remember when you want to put it onto the forum, then open A site called

TinyPic.com” on GOOGLE and click on the  TinyPic Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Videos, site.

3 On the page UPLOAD IMAGES AND VIDEOS click on “browse” to open the file that has the image in that you want to upload.

4 Click on the image and then click on open.

5 Next to the File Browse will be the name of the image. Click on Upload Now

6 There is an option to change the size of the image by clicking on the down arrow next to the DEFAULT setting.

7 Click on the IMG code in Forums and Message Boards

8 Highlight the IMG code and click on Copy

9 Note The picture will only show after the post at the bottom of the page has been pressed/clicked.

10 Paste the IMG Code onto the forum page and then click on Post at the bottom of the page.

If you would like a short cut on your desktop, try this. when on the page, at 3 above, Bookmark the page. Next minimize the page then click on the blue star "Edit this bookmark (Ctrl+D)

The highlighted name of TinyPic etc will show against the Name. Left click on the name highlighted in blue and drag it your Desktop so you can in future just click on this icon to start using TinyPic.com, without having to go onto Google.

There are other image hosting websites. And the method you describe, which circumvents the obvious forum menu buttons, makes it more likely for you to post an image which may be too big for many people’s monitors. The correct method, using the menue buttons, allows you to resize an image to an appropriate size for the forum, without you having to resize your original image files.

And you will need to rotate your image hosting, because one by one, they will all fall in line with charges.

Back in the day of the old MX5OC mailing list, one was perfectly able to describe a project or a problem, with feeling the need to post dozens of badly taken, cropped photos.

Nicely written Pollyanna! Very concise! 

Let me know if mine highlights anything yours might have missed or vice versa? For all those interested, tinypic in Pollyanna’s post does the same job as postimages in mine. 

Click here!

I use this site…

https://postimages.org/

It it is a much more interesting site when we post images. Can a lot more people have ago at posting their images please?

I use tech all day every day at work and to be honest this website has been such a faff trying to post images , I just gave up and don’t bother anymore.

If our area wants to share images , we use our facebook group and an image can be posted in literally seconds.

Do these types of forums all use the same system ? 

Why is it all click this, transfer that etc instead of just attach photo and done ?

I don’t no the answer to your question but I  think the method I posted is better than PHOTOBUCKET (spit, spit)  I know it is very easy to post pictures on GUMTREE, whatever they have use is exceptional imo.

MicroSoft OneDrive works well, and i’m rubbish at PC stuff.

Just trying to post an image without host.