Posting Photographs

Photobucket want me to upgrade to a plus 500 plan, for which there is a cost, to be able to use third party hosting. Is there a way of attaching photographs without using Photobucket?

Once my car is sold, I will no longer have a need for Photobucket.

imgur.com

There are so many. I am so confused by this computer stuff. Give me a rust hole in a chassis, I can cope with that.

I will try imgur and may  or may not surface in a week or two. Embarassed 

test

Looks like I’ve cracked it

Right now the best alternative to photobucket is flickr.

I used imgur for a bit, the interface is quite odd and their terms and conditions are incredibly bad when it comes to what they can do with your pictures.

I had a photobucket pro account years ago and I tried to log in again last year - I am suprised folks still used the service at all because it was awful.

Flickr free is OK for small photo numbers - up to a couple of hundred. But honestly a pro account is so cheap for a year it’s worth it for anyone wanting a more functional service.

For putting pix on websites such as this I use http://tinypic.com as such images tend to be general ones that I dont worry about anyone stealing :wink:

postimg.org is skimmed down nicely, quick and easy. Does the job nicely for me.

It’s a pity we can’t load photographs by just dragging them in as I believe you can on Autotrader.

That will be my next step if there is no interest shown in the next couple of weeks.

1. Select ‘Attach files to this post’ in the edit box.

2. Click post.

3. Select the image.

4. Upload

5. Back

Not an obvious workflow, does work though.

Done in less than a minute using Postimage, what’s the problem.

I made those myself, but they’re just a copy of a motorbike scissor lift, for example eBay No 391535264548 @ £40 ish each.

Last w/e I had the rear two under the wishbones so both wheels could be removed and I could access the wheel arches.

I needed to drill to fit a roll bar.

HTH

Paul G

I have been away for a few days, without internet access. Just tried method suggested by IanH and it works just fine.