Posting total

Blimey !

Over a thousand postings in only 8 months of being an OC member - I’ve gotta get out more !

You’re right Chris!  Your average is almost as bad as mine, and I have a reason.  Get out when, and while you can my friend!

Let’s face it - the forum is an addiction! For new owners it’s a place to make yourself known but more outspoken owners will carry on, having caught the bug. For me, it’s a contact to the outside world, one that I know of and am a part of. So I post less often these days, confining myself to either raising current affairs or answering mainly electrical problems, as I’m definitely not a mechanic (though in past days I did maintain some of my earlier cars) but such experience is now obsolete.

As the forum has been updated at least once, then past post counts are long gone, but I do know Saz achieved well over 3,000 posts before his current count. I managed around 2,500, mainly down to being one of a few who served on the Committee at one time and still managed to communicate with the MX5 world. (most wouldn’t) That situation remains the same unfortunately. The fear of criticism and contempt remains, though some committee members prefer to air their feelings at meetings, while others stay stum throughout their service. No matter, it’s what they do in their allocated field that counts.

It’s noticeable that one member confines his posts to as few words as possible, so racking up a large number of posts, which makes me think he’s either trying for the record, or has not a lot to say - only he knows. Does it matter? - not really! (It keeps me amused!)

It would be interesting to see how many posts people make on social sites - like Facebook for one, though there are other mediums. Such chatter is mainly of little interest to dedicated petrol heads, so most of us will stay away from them. My closest friend in the Club, who avoids all forums like the plague, recently allowed himself to be persuaded by peer pressure to contribute to Facebook, and now wishes he hadn’t. He says he’s not one bit interested in mindless chatter. That I can understand - one point of several why I avoid local area meets.

If that makes me’anti social’ in some eyes then so be it, as the saying goes - ‘Sticks and stones - - - - -’.

The sad thing is we can usually tell who’s post it is without looking at the ID.

Would be good to have a ‘four figure posters’ meet sometime.

I couldn’t possibly attend such a meeting (lol)

Shame. Had you down as the organiser.

Nice to see you have a sense of humour anyway! Carry on posting!

I’ll take that as a compliment!