Power steering adjuster washer

1. My model of MX-5 is: NA
  2. I’m based near: __W Yorks
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Power steering.

Hi all,

I have been trawling the interweb and found many dead ends.
I am looking for the spacer which is between the adjuster spring and shim of the power steering rack (to adjust how stiff the steering is). I have recently opened mine and found it was missing - It was a reconditioned one fitted before I purchased. I have de powered mine and it feels like there is some play which I believe may be due to this spring not being present?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

John.

Not sure what model you have, or the part you are referring to, but have you checked the comprehensive Miata parts diagrams on miata.net, or the Roadster parts listings elsewhere:

https://www-do--da-co-jp.translate.goog/sun-mec/partslist.html?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

That should tell you the part numbers, and if the part you are looking for is even available from Mazda.

This is for an NA with power steering - 32-11x?

Need to check the years. There were revisions over time, with the biggest change in around 1994-1995. Given the change improved feel, this part might have been part of that change.

For NA8C-1xxxxx:

NA02-32-11X is the part number for a bag of bits, was 2000 yen in 2011 (old prices)

Thanks - I have found a potential supplier however in the US. I have contacted several parts suppliers but so far unwilling to send the part Im after without wanting to send a complete rack for obvious reasons. Im just reluctant to purchase a complete rack if I do not need to :frowning:

$52, replacement part

Given US Mazda dealers are carrying this, why not check with your local Mazda dealer. If you have UK spec car, just need VIN. If a Roadster, you need a dealer with the worldwide EPC to access Japanese VINs. Some do. Even if the part is in Japan, they can get it shipped to the dealership in a week, FOC.

1 Like