For those that might be interested:

25th & 26th April 2009 … British & Midland Championship Weekend
23rd & 24th May 2009 … La Vie En Bleu 2009
27th & 28th June 2009 … Mid Summer Speed Fest
5th & 6th September 2009 …British & Midland Championship Weekend
26th & 27th September 2009 …The Autumn Classic

Further information:
http://www.bugatti.co.uk/

The VSCC meeting is the first weekend of August.

Cheers,
Graham (G4FUJ)
MX5OC 20225

For added entertainment the NHCA bikes will be at the April, June and early September meetings.

The Northampton Area will be making the trip over to Prescott for the June date.

I am normally there for all the dates.

If you see a black Nissan Navara parked in the members veiwing area on the hill its me.

I am afraid that the MX-5 can’t get far enough up the hill to view from!

Paul

should be taking our oxford club to the june meet and also the september one too :smiley:

I’ll keep an eye out for that Paul (if I can escape Hill Control for long enough!).

72 degrees: thanks for the bike dates reminder - I shall try to get my MoT tester a ticket for one of those meets - he’s a bike man too!

Look forward to seeing MX-5s gathering (herding?) in Orchard car park - most likely I’ll be in the Mog, parked across the start line from Hill Control - unless the weather forecast is really bad, in which case the Land Rover may prove useful!

Cheers,

Graham

Prescott Marshal and Hill Controller (& BOC member)

Hope to be competeing at Prescott on 27th/28th June with the HSA championship. Dry weather would be nice.

I’ve suggested this before, but would it be possible to organise a MX5/club run up the hill. Prescott has to be one of my all time favourite motorsport locations! The lovely views over the Cotswolds make it a great place to spend a day, unless the rain’s coming in horizontally! ;0) Living the other side of the hill means I get to go regularly too. One of my friends drove up the hill as part of a Triumph owners club event a few years back.

Hi HK
 This has been suggested by others as well, so I’ll look in to it.

Graham, can you suggest who I should contact to see if there are any dates available? 

Ian
MX5 OC Motorsort Coordinator

Lots of car clubs use Prescott as a club venue with untimed runs up the hill. Initially, I suggest you contact Maggie Webster, Club Secretary of the Bugatti Owners Club who own Prescott. Tel. 01242-673136 or email ‘club@bugatti.co.uk’. The Drivers School is a fantastic day out with lots of runs up the hill that are filmed and comments from instructors. See Prescott Speed Hillclimb website for more info.

Last year I liased with Ian from the Bugatti club and he allowed our owners group (Oxford) to have a parade run up the hill…it was a superb day…and i will be organising it again this year, if anyone is interested. i will be posting later on as to the exact date, cost etc

Is anyone interested in Joining D.J, myself and the Oxford OC in going to Prescott to see the Bugatti Veyron and also Ayrton Sennas F1 car on SUNDAY 24th MAY?
Price will be £12.00 entrance (instead of £15) payable in advance. I need numbers and payment so that I can secure tickets by 1st May. This is the programme for Sunday…

09.30:13.00 French Cars in Competition on the Hill - Course de Marques Francaises
10.30am Demonstration de les Veyrons & F1 Lotus (ex-Ayrton Senna]
13.00:14.00 Dejeuner, Cavalcades et ‘Veyron’ demonstration de Course —refer to Sunday Programme
14.00:17.00 French Cars in Competition on the Hill – Course de Marques Francaises
15.30pm Demonstration de les Veyrons & F1 Lotus (ex-Ayrton Senna]
17.00 Cavalcade et Demonstration de Course

All Day Toute la journee
• Exposition de Voitures Francaises Remarquables - Display of 100 years of the finest French motor cars
• Ex-Aryton Senna F1 Grand Prix car demonstration
• Concours d’Elegance
• Car Club Stands in dedicated “French Quarter”
• Wonderful display of Bugatti Grand Touring and Racing Cars
• Autojumble and Trade Stands in the French Village
• Champagne and Wine Bars

I will put up meeting place and time at a later date.
Cheques acceptable, just P.M me for my address

I would love to go to the ‘Vie en Bleu’ meeting, seeing as I have one of only half a dozen Voxans in the UK, and it has actually been up the hill on timed runs, but I am always in France that weekend.