Prescription for fresh-air therapy

Purchased My Girl March 2007
Sold House Keighley West Yorks
Removal Van Dispatched to Whitby [where late Dad had retired]
Drove to Carcraft Leeds in my aged Clio 1.4
Picked Up My Girl MX5 2.5 NB Icon [who I’d only just driven for 10 minutes in their car park]
Drove to first ‘drive through’ petrol station in rush hour…[Another motorist had to tell me where to locate the petrol release cap under the arm rest !]
STRESS !!!
Luckily I Knew the Route to Whitby via the A64 and A169 via Pickering So Well That I Could Have Programmed Any Of My Previous Cars to Go There Before Automated Vehicles and They’d Have Got There By Themselves !

BUT New Vehicle MX5 and In the Dark !!!
And Cream Crackered from House Move !

[Top Gear eat your heart out !]
Want to Test Your Driving Skills & the Beauty of the MX5 ?

Long Stretch of the A64 with slight incline before to A169 to Pickering turn off [Pedal to the Metal]
The Twists and Turns of the A169 to Whitby [Gear Changes Extraordinaire] because you are also Up Hill and Down Dale

Daylight Hours Wonderful Views

Once out of rush hour I relaxed and then realised the beauty of the MX5 which I purchased like Five-three By Default for the same reasons

It was like she had been built for me personally !

We arrived safely and I opened a bottle of Cava as one Happy Bunny !

[And this is only one tale I can tell of my Beautiful Girl and Why I Still Have Her Still]

So like Five-three…did the research etc

[Later learnt that Clarkson agreed with me re MX5…so one of his better decisions !]

1 Like

You’ll probably recognise that construction in the distance then. We were in the area around 3 weeks ago.:+1:

2 Likes

Absolutely :grinning:
I Remember Their Previous Incarnation as Oversized Golf Bolls [System Blanking Out Proper Spelling as Rude Word] :open_mouth:

Further Test of Driving Skill is When You Come Down That Steep Incline Just Before Sleights [Is The Safety Gravel ‘Hard Shoulder’ Still There in Case You Can’t Stop ?]

Bittersweet Memories :smiley: :cry: :heart: :broken_heart:
Late Hubby & I Had Our Wedding Reception at The Plough [Is It Still in Business?] at the Bottom of the Incline
Plus Dads’ 60th & His Wake
We Also Put Some of His Ashes plus Heather at the Top of the Incline as Fabulous View of Whitby [On a Clear Day He Could See His House From That Spot !]

Nostalgia…Now I Know I’m Getting On a Bit :woman_in_motorized_wheelchair: [aka My Girl !]

Oh yes! I love driving top-down at night

I remember night driving soft top down on my way home from London to Oxford, after the wedding of a well known Princess. Car was a Triumph Herald 1200!

2 Likes