Professional Cleaning

Wow, yes please do post some pictures :yum:

Would love to see pics, sounds lovely. Just tell the detailer to be very careful with his jet wash. I had my MK1 ceramic coated, excellent job, but he managed to blow paint off inner lip of front bumper, even though car was only dusty like yours, no road dirt. I am not a lover of Jet Washes

1 Like

Here is a ‘before’ pic of my 2 dirty cars

3 Likes

So much dust from being in storage

5 Likes

that doesn’t deserve to be hidden in storage mate :flushed:

I know … but my barn needed work and so the NSX had to go be stored elsewhere for a few months, then C19 hit so a few months turned into 2 yrs … really pleased to get the old girl back

1 Like

The first thing I would do is make sure the guy knows what he’s doing. Ask for photos of other cars and look for the type of vehicles he does, make sure there are other 90s Japanese cars he has done, look at feedback if he has Facebook or Instagram accounts. Is he a mobile detailer or is it in a workshop. A good detailer will make the car look like new and bad one can cause buffer marks, holograms or even burn through the paint. Unfortunately there are a lot of detailers out there at the moment and everyone is an expert. If I had a car like that I would want the best working on it especially as I’m assuming that is a solid paint colour with potentially no lacquer. Go on recommendation if you can, the guy who did my ND a couple of years ago did a great job, but unfortunately I had a bump in 2020 and it was in the workshop and they reapplied the ceramic coating on a section of the car. The workshop assured me he was really good, but i could see holograms where he had been. If you are into YouTube take a look at White Details he is incredible but I would assume very expensive, but you get what you pay for!!

1 Like

Very nice, hope you get out and about in it soon

Beautiful car I also love the No. plate

Whereabouts are you and the NSX located, UltraViolet68?

I ask as I have a friend who does detailing and, as has been written previously, any car enthusiast would jump at the chance to attend to such an icon.

The guy doing the work is a mobile one - tbh, had I had the replies sooner, I perhaps would have waited and gone to someone with a premises and left it for a few days.

Anyway, the dust was so bad that he cleaned it 4 times before even starting any detailing. He has been very thorough and has spent 2 full days cleaning. Not done the final stage and ceramic yet (coming back tomorrow) but it is looking fabulous.

He did actually say that although originally he would have said 8 hours work, he wanted to take his time and he has really enjoyed working on such a car. I will get pics once finished… but here is a ‘so far’ pic (after day 1 and with some areas still to clean)

4 Likes

Looks stunning already

1 Like

Finally finished :smiley: He spent 3 fully days cleaning then the 4th day he did the ceramic protection and between coats, washed Tigger.

6 Likes

Nice :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.