Project Black

Hello all great news my 4D number plates have arrived so… Saturday I’m going to start building the car hopefully! Well get the first bits underway anyway.

A.K.

1 Like

Like the style of the plates  I had MX05 on the previous car before changing to GT in the  registration, that’s also passed on to the new owner of that car. Not sure if a change to current registration is on the cards.

Barrie

Hey all

Black door mirror caps are now on the car. will look mean when the black trim is added soon.

A.K.

Cheers Barrie 

i imagine I’m going to be stopped by the police as those 4D plates only became legal a few months ago but they will set the car off nicely 

A.K.

For plates to be legal they must have the supplier postcode, be in the correct font, have the correct spacing and be on a reflective plain white and yellow background. My plates just ever so slightly miss out on some of those. OK all of them. Not been stopped yet. Had them around three years.

Speaking to a friend who is a serving police officer it’s not something that is at the top of their agenda. Personally he had only taken action on anything similar once in his long career. The person in question had been causing hassle. Nothing technically illegal though. When challenged by the officer he sneeringly replied that he had done nothing illegal and the officer couldn’t do anything about it. So he did him for his plates.

Moral of the story, be polite to police officers and don’t act like a dck head. If you act like a dck head they will do you for whatever they can. Rightly so.

indeed. They are right on every front they fall into the criteria for 4D plates. I would never mouth off to an officer so I should be all good

A.K.

Hello All

It has begun! Today I have fitted the grille, painted the calipers, added the new sports back box from ulter (mx5 parts) and the joining rear diffuser. please find photos videos should be done by next week!

Enjoy all!

A.K.

Hello All!!

Episode 1 is now out here it is https://youtu.be/-55CfQnxvEM 

I hope you enjoy it! Car should hopefully be on the road tomorrow latest Tuesday!

Lowering springs and body kit kit added!

Let me know what you think of the format and of course the result.

A.K.

Hello All

The lowering springs and body kit will be added today but for now it looks very mean!

A.K

Hello All

Great news and bad news…

Starting with the bad my rear sill which is the only bit I fitted myself may have been slightly… Not fitted correct. Lucky an epic mate at work has got the team to refit it for and it looks cracking. Will be giving it its first clean tomorrow as a reward for all the major stuff getting attached on the car and the fact the glue and tape and hopes and prayers holding everything on will be dry.

Good news my front Daytime running light housings have arrived and are primed and should in theory be painted gloss black tomorrow. Find photos below of the progress so far!

A.k.

Hello All

Great news the car is on the road… just waiting for a sunny day to post some photos.

A list of current mods

door mirrors are now gloss black

front and side skirts from Mazda are added

rear diffuser and ulter exhaust from mx-5 parts 

acid green painted callipers 

stub arial

mazda lowering springs

4D personlised plates

and here is a little preview. I will take some better shots but it is currently pouring down with rain!

on the 25th led interior lighting smoked side repeats a Reversing camera front dtrl covers and smoothed air intake pipe to be added

A.K.

Hello All 

It’s all in the detail so I got the logo for the car printed on a 3D gell sticker for the zunsport grille and I’m going to replace the little sticker with these!

A.K.

1 Like

Hello All 

Thought I would post some… here is the car so far pics. Video of exhaust noise and fitting will be up tomorrow !!!

A.K.

Hello All

Full exhaust video will be coming soon but in the meantime please watch this for what I think is a much improved sound from the rear end… It burps when warm on the overrun too… 

https://youtu.be/XvF75rg1OSE Mx5Parts Mx5 Parts Ulter ND Back Box

A.K.

Hello All

Took a few hours out of my day to paint correct and seal the paint work in a ceramic coating! Looks all shineyyy

A.K.

Hello All

On the 25th a fair few things are changing…

Smoked side repeaters

Smoked LED number plate lights

LED interior light

Reversing camera

Carbon haus dtrl covers will be fitted to the car.

gone with the mx5 parts reversing camera because I can’t justify the cost of the Mazda one, just too much. A few more layers of sealant to seal the deal!!!  also I’m toying with the idea of gas struts for the bonnet too. However, I need advice. For the next big change, I want to know this set of alloys or this rear spoiler?

https://bbrgti.com/collections/mazda-mx-5-nd/products/ozitalia-150-7jx17 In black of course

https://rev9autosport.com/blitz-rear-spoiler.html in black of course

In terms of buying and fitting both cost around the same. However I can’t think which would complete the car more…

A.K.

hi , i like your  idea ,  to create your own version of the mx5 

and you say your after a " factory look " ,

so why spray the brakes as you have ( including the pads ??? )

is this not  more a "factory look " 

just an observation 

good luck with all your mods , i will watch the youtube vids too 

Hello Bally3…

Very Simple I will end up replacing the pads before the car is finished and the discs. Rather than worry about the pads painting over them to get in all the crannies and nooks is more desirable. The standard calipers are also rather small and it does make them more pronounced as well.

A.K.

Hello All

Great news Episode 2 is now up https://youtu.be/CHRWIjs0RMI 

Enjoy!

A.K.

Hello All

Great news the new smoked LED rear number plate lights now mean that if a policeman/policewomen is on the moon and searching for my car there should be no problems finding it at all, they are rather bright …

A.K.