Project Black

Hi A.K.

Car is looking good, should be very distinctive when finished. Having said that I imagine you will be forever making small changes here and there as these make for a good hobby.

Mark

Hello Mark
Cheers! Your car is looking rather fine as well! I think you are right I don’t think I ever will be satisfied until I’m broke or dead or even a combination of both.

A.K.

Hello All

So I have solved the door rattle. I bought the moss Europe door bushes and fitted them (PIC BELOW AND LINK AS WELL). This has totally got rid of the rattle. I see claimed on the forum the car is stiffer. After driving it I can conclude it does feel stiffer but I think this is more down to a placebo effect. I do feel the road a little better through the wheel but I suspect this may also be a placebo effect. Just the one in the roof when it is down to fix now.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/bush-set-door-bushings-delrin-cobalt-pair-910-803.html

P.S. The white is grease… I didn’t get exited fitting them or spill toothpaste or anything. The instructions recommend a silicone based lubricant.

A.K.

Hello All

Now the Summer is on the way and Dennis has buggered off I gave a mate of mine a ring and he has detailed Project Black. Little micro swirls on the bonnet that had appeared from cleaning the car has gone. couple of stone chips that the car had one on the rear and one on the front have now gone as well. LOOK HOW SHINY! I genuinely wish I had the skills to make my car look like this everyday. Pics below.

A.K.

2 Likes

That looks first class - very impressive. :+1:

Hello Andrew

Thank you very much! I am glad you like it. I can’t wait to get some more on it. Watch this space. Spoiler and more coming soon

A.K.

Hello All

Smallest mod I will ever do. Someone stole my dust caps so I bought these Zinc Alloy ones to replace them. Happy coincidence they say sport on them! What a win.

A.K.

@Akari_Kuro

I think your car looks fantastic. Where did you get your dust covers?

Hello Keith

Cheers for the compliment.

Amazon just over a 10ner

2 Likes

Any further updates on this Project Black?

Cheers!

Russ

2 Likes

Hello All

Well, I have now sold the car. Over lockdown, I moved house, and unfortunately, I could not have the same fun drive to work I used to. The car has found a great home. This is not the end of my MX journey as I replaced it with the MX-30 electric car. Cracking car btw. This is also not the end of my Mx-5 journey as I will over the next year be on the lookout for a mk1 and create the sister car to my Akari Kuro. Which will be used for special occasions. Everyone on here has been amazing. It is goodbye for now and here is the last photos of the cars final drive when I could still call it mine.

A.K

5 Likes

:anguished:

Nothing wrong with using the money i save to get a mk1 my dude :laughing:

It has indeed gone to a good home. Some more money has been splashed on it already :slight_smile: and it lives in a nice dry, warm garage.
AK did a great job with the car, it’s a goodun.

1 Like

Just for continuity on this car. I’m the 2nd owner and here are the updates and history since taking ownership. Car is now parked up in the garage waiting for next spring.

2 Likes