Project completed

End of project thread

18 Likes

Been busy busy , very nice :ok_hand:

2 Likes

End of project thread

3 Likes

Great modsđź‘Ť.

I would be very careful on the 30mph roof operation though.
It will probably carry on operating past that figure if you open it prior to the 30mph limit.
The Smart Top system on my NC does, which is why I have set it lower.

1 Like

End of project thread

Sounds sensibleđź‘Ť.
Don’t you still have to have the roof unlatched to open it remotely though, which surely means opening the car and leaning in to unlatch it?

End of project thread

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that!
Every day is a school day👍🏻

1 Like

I do like some stuff you did but its maybe bit too much for me tbh.

I also have performance mods but I don’t really like over badging, chrome everything and general flashy stuff. For example you won’t really see any visible BBR stickers in mine but if you search a bit my car you may see them :sweat_smile:

Apples to apples I guess. As long as it makes you smile that’s all that matters :+1:

2 Likes

Loving the remote opening of the roof !
Which product is it that does this as the SmartTop ones i can find dont seem to do remote roof opening (well its confusing theres a picture on their website which says it does but then comments/reviews which says its doesnt :thinking: )

That boot is awesome. Where did you get all the kit that fits into the recess? Also the fire extinguisher mount etc? Love that

End of project thread

2 Likes

thanks for the detailed reply :slight_smile: (think i can live without the window bit)

End of project thread

Your car is immaculate & a true credit to you.
I guess its a keeper for many many years.
My trouble is I am always looking for for next car, I too over the years have spent too much money on modding & lost most of it when moving the car on. So now retired I just buy the right car & keep it standard. The FK8 I have is perfect right out of the box. My NC 25AE I have is also standard, but will have to go when my GR86 arrives. Like I said always looking for the next new car.

1 Like

ok - thanks for confirming - misunderstood that bit (let me read all the install instructions :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hi there,

Could you tell me where you got your Wilwood brakes from and what model / part they are

Many thanks

Nigel

Many thanks , they look great. :grin:

1 Like

I have the roof and ignition module which I bought from mls distribution. Good value and works really well with no problems. I found it easy to install too. I haven’t fitted the window controller, as I find I don’t really need it with the RF as the windows close themselves when the roof operation completes. It’s an awesome bit of kit - so cool being able to put the roof up and down with the remote :grin:

2 Likes

End of project thread