Quick response re wheel alignment please

A couple of years ago I asked on here about a good place to have wheel alignment done on our 5. Guildford Tyre Company Ltd was recommended.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/tHGuRXiMm3zo6vbJ6?g_st=ic

Since we had the rear shocks replaced recently, I booked our 5 in with them for tomorrow (Sat) 10.30am for a full wheel alignment check.

But tonight I’ve been reading their Google reviews and in the last year or so there have been an unusually (compared to other years) high number of negative reviews. I’m now concerned they are no longer the good company they once were. Has anyone used them recently or can point me in the direction of a good wheel alignment company within 15 miles of Farnborough?

It’s wheel alignment not a full service. Aren’t they all pretty much the same?

Online reviews are pretty unreliable in my opinion, most people only leave reviews when they are disappointed with something - which may only be a small proportion of customers, but because most happy customers just get on with their day and don’t bother reporting their positive experience there’s really no way of knowing the true ratio.

Let us know how you get on. Or if you decide to look elsewhere, I can recommend Abbey Motorsport in Oxted, who did mine.

Things worked out ok. I did require an adjustment of both rear wheels, but that wasn’t a surprise as we had two rear shocks fitted recently.

What was a pleasant surprise, was one of the mechanics asked where we had the underseal done, since he thought it was a very good job and had a 5 himself that needed doing. I explained it was done by the MX5 restorer About 18 months ago.

Glad it went well! Might be nice to leave some positive feedback on their Google reviews :slight_smile: