R14 tyre choice limited

Hi,
Time for new R14 tyres. Most of the recommendations on forums are for models no longer made in 14". ie Rsinsport 5, Toyo TR1 etc

Just wondering what currently available tyres are recommended for 14s?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Eunos G-Ltd
  2. I’m based near: __Watford
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Tyres

I fitted Goodyear Efficientgrip Perfomance beginning of last year. Limited mileage on them due to covid, 600 or 700 miles. I have found them to give a very smooth and quiet ride and good in the wet.

Dunlop Bluresponse are a good and not that expensive.

If you fancy a drive up to Northampton I will happily sort you out.

1 Like

One on the right £52 each, one on the left £48 each.

1 Like

https://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search?width=185&profile=60&rim=14&id=10435

Good selection from Black Circles (Tesco) and I have used them 3 or 4 times over the years.

Went to see Nick. Sorted!

1 Like

Hmm, I might have posted in the wrong thread. I wrote along similar lines to the OP -
"When I’ve looked at the usual online suppliers (mytyres, blackcircles), most of the tyres mentioned on here don’t actually seem to be available. I thought the Vredestein Sportrac 5 sounded like what I was looking for, but although it’s on the Vredestein website, I’ve really struggled to find them anywhere in 185/60 R14. Goodyear Eagle F1s are no longer available and Michelin PS4s aren’t available in this size. The only Goodyears I see are their EfficientGrip Performance. Khumo PS71s have been mentioned, which I’m not familiar with, but the only Kuhmo tyres I’ve seen advertised are EcoWing ES31. I have seen Dunlop Sport BluResponse .

It seems to me that most of the tyres that are widely available seem more aimed at standard saloon cars rather than a performance tyre for a sports car (albeit one with relatively low power."

I would recommend you give Nick a call. Very helpful.

0781 800 3267 Email: info@motmotorsport.co.uk