R2 Limited Cherry red leather seats re-upholster

Hello

I bought a lovely white R2 Limited Japan import (1997) four years ago. She’s a lovely white with all original interiors - including the cherry red leather seats with "roadster’ embroiled on the front just below the headrest with speakers.

I got a good deal as the sills were… well, visibly rotten! And also the seats had already a couple of tears on the bottom seats.

Last year I got the sills redone to factory spec. An amazing job a dear friend of mine challenged himself to do and carried out to perfection.

Now I really need to sort out the seats. I see occasionally red seats up for sale online but they aren’t the same. The colour is brighter and the leather is not as thick as the original one. I just love the original seats and I want to preserve them rather than get rid of them.

I decided to try the reupholstering of only the bottom part as the backrests are ok - rough around the edges but I am ok with it. `it’s a nice worn vintage look of the leather. The deep cuts on the leather and the foam at the bottom are not nice at all instead.

Can you recommend where I could get them reupholstered with a similar quality leather and to factory spec?
My model of MX-5 is: R2 Ltd Jap 1.8_1997_

I’m based in London - and here they ask for an arm and leg for anything. Upholstery seems a forgotten craft here :frowning:

Thanks
Take care & stay safe x