Rally FAQ

Frequently asked questions

Where is the Spring Rally?   Wentworth Woodhouse, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S62 7TQ

When is the Rally and what are the opening hours? Sunday 24th April, Event Gates Opens at 10.30am - 4:00pm. Rally programme commences 11.00am. See local signage for entrance details.

How much are tickets? The event is free to MX-5 Owners Club members, Members will require to hold their membership card on arrival please see Soft Top Hardtop for details - if you have one of the new barcode cards we will be conducting a trail scan at the Club tents.  Non-Members tickets are available on the day at the gate -  Prices Adult £5.00 under 16 free. (Your Entry fee will be discounted from membership sign up on the day)  

Can I buy a ticket on the day? Yes, tickets are available on the gates 

What is the price for car parking? Parking is free for all in attendance. MX-5 will be parked in priority position in front of the house.

Is there disabled access?  Yes, Please clearly display your Blue badge before arriving on site.  Marshals will direct you to the disabled parking area. The venue is on level ground but is a grass venue - access points will be provided where needed.

Are children welcome? Yes. Access for all accompanied children under 16 is free.

Are there any concessions? No, all tickets are £5.00.
Are there crèche facilities? No

I am not a member and in an MX-5 where will I park? Priority is given to all Member MX-5s, non member and other vehicle owners will be parked in adjacent parking

Can I come in another car that is not an MX-5? Yes, you will be directed to the other car parking area  

Are there Area Member meeting points? Please get in touch with your Area Coordinator before the rally to see what your area is doing to attend the day

How can I get a printed programme? Please bring your Entry pass and Membership card to the Welcome desks to receive your programme and Rally plaque.
What is the main programme schedule? Please check the MX-5 Owners Club Forum for further details. And see your Rally programme on the day.
Will tours around the House be organised? Yes there will be advance options advertised soon with a small number of tickets bookable on the day.

Can I join the Club on the day? Yes special introductory Rally pricing is available on the day. Please ask at the club membership desks for more details.

What is the medical/first aid procedure? Please advise one of our many site stewards or marshals of any incident, they will take you to the medical tent on site.

What is the procedure in the event of a fire? If fire is discovered please advise an on site steward immediately, do not tackle.
Are dogs permitted? Dogs are allowed at this venue - However please keep them on a lead at all times, there are moving vehicles and Horses at the show.
Where are the nearest toilets? Toilets are available on site Please ask for directions or follow signage.

Is there camping on site?  Camping arrangements are not in place, local camping is available and we can  recommend Greensprings Touring Park, S75 3DS approx 5 miles away

Is there a bus service to the Rally? Not provided by the club, but the 227 currently runs from Rotherham Town Centre to the end of the drive to The House. http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/timetables/rotherham/79.htm 
Is there a cash machine on site? No. The nearest (free) cash machines are in Elsecar S74 8AR , Hoyland Nether S74 9JU, Kimberworth Park S61 3BA  Chapeltown S35 2XE .
Where are the nearest shops? There are local shops in Wentworth Village, Hoyland, Elsecar and Jump, the nearest superstores are located in Chapeltown and Cortonwood
Where is the nearest petrol station? There are petrol stations are in Hoyland, Tankersley, Chapeltown and Cortonwood.
Where are the nearest Hospitals with accident and emergency units?  Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, S5 7AU (0114 243 4343 ) Barnsley District General Hospital, S75 2EP (01226 730000)

Can I take pictures / video at the event? Yes, but photography is not permitted inside the house.

Can I park next to my friends on the rally field? If you arrive together you'll be parked next to each other. 
Will there be food available? Yes there is a small tearoom inside the house and catering units will be on site, there are also Pubs, Restaurants, a Deli and Tea rooms in the village and in the Garden Centre at the entrance to the venue. 
Can I bring a picnic? Yes, we will have special picnic areas at the South West end of the Rally Field 

Where can I find out more about the venue?

http://www.wentworthwoodhouse.co.uk/the-history-of-wentworth-woodhouse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Woodhouse 

Has venue any connections to the automotive industry ? Yes, The Earl Fitzwilliam, thought he could produce the finest car in the world, down the road in Sheffield. The Sheffield Simplex is perhaps the most famous car made in Sheffield and it was produced at the Fitzwilliam Works in Tinsley.

Will I enjoy my day out? Yes!!! this is set to be a fantastic Rally with a few special treats and surprises. Please remember this is an outdoor event at an outdoor venue and we ask that you are prepared for any weather.