Rally Hotel

Does Scotland count though? 

Even for Englandshire I’d hardly call Wentworth Woodhouse ‘The North’…

You could argue north of the Humber = The North…

Cummon guys its in the MIDLANDS of ENGLAND  thats why we have W midlands, NE Midlands etc etc areas and thts why Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham are in the MIDLANDS

ps Wentworth Woodhouse is 800 miles from me and its 500 before I get to the UK

Frog

hi. what date is the donnington rally…where can i find more info.
regards

I believe the information for the National will be in the next STHT

Skegness 90 miles
Blackpool 92 miles
John o groats 521 miles
Lands end 374 miles
Central east to west and further south than North, more or less in the middle of Gods County …YORKSHIRE.
Purely for information purposes only.
Home 2 miles, your welcome for a brew if your passing anytime!

If anyone has had difficulty booking can you let me know? I know we have reached our initial 60 room allocation, but the rate should continue to all bookings and I just need to check this with the hotel

The news is that Hotel is now Fully booked, the take up for rooms has reached and exceeded our allocation and all available rooms at the hotel.

We can recommend some local alternative accommodation to try.

Doncaster Holiday Inn Express is 01302 314100

Mercure Doncaster Centre Danum Hotel 01302 342261

Hellaby Hall 01709 702701.

Also try
Premier inn @ Tankersley 1 mile from J36 M1
The Norfolk Arms @ White lane Chapeltown
Rockingham Arms Wentworth 1/2 mile from venue.

So much for that its all booked up.

Apologies for the very noob-ish question, but if the Rally is on the Sunday, why are people booking Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights? Just making a weekend of it or are there things going on on the Saturday for example?

First Rally attendance by me so again, apologies for the noob question.

Cheers!

Sorry, another question.

What is the location of the Saturday evening dinner/dance etc?

hi, another first timer for the rally…
what can we expect to see there , what sort of attendance will be there , is it just mx5’s , is there a show/judge section for certain cars,
sorry for all noob questions

The take up has been far in excess of expected levels, please do try any of the the alternatives listed above.

There is usually a show/judge section for mk1, mk2, mk3 and now mk4 with sub sections of daily driver, lightly modified, modified etc & judges best in show. Plenty of trade stands for parts, clothing crafts etc, possibly a few race spec cars from the different mx5 championship. Previously the host area has organised drives around the local area on the Saturday. There is usually plenty to do and look at. I think there were around 750 cars attending Oulton Park last spring.
Hope this answers a few of your questions.

cheers gaz , looking forward to it.

Hi there, yes many folks make a weekend or even a week of it, the Spring Rally moves about the country, not only to make sure events come to members, but also that members can take a trip to somewhere new and know that we will be set up and there, to meet up with old friends and make some new ones.

Dinner is in the Holiday Inn at Doncaster, some information in last STHT and tickets for the dinner available here http://store.mx5oc.co.uk/tickets–events-29-c.asp this coming week.

We get about 700-1000 MX-5 at the Spring Rallies, people tend to come in MX-5s but you are welcome in any vehicle, they just tend to be parked in overflow.

Yes there is a competitions paddock - see the coming edition of Club magazine for details of how to enter the comps.

Will be posting www.springrally.co.uk live soon with more Rally information