Rally to the National Rally

Hi all 

I am wanting to go to the National Rally this year and was wondering if anyone was up for Rallying there together? I am based in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, around 5 minutes from Donnington Park. Just wanted to see who was up for it and if we can arrange a time and place to meet up and go down. 

Many thanks 

Cam 

I understand you wanting to join and enjoy a convoy with like minded MX5 owners, but i don’t think a 5min convoy will enthuse anyone.

I think it’s a great idea.

@safetymatch - what have you done to your MX-5 if you can drive from Ashby to Gaydon on 5 minutes! I think you need to call the Guiness Book of Records 

It’s about an hour from Donington Park to Gaydon.

In general I hate convoys. Ruins a good drive, whether leading, trying to keep in touch with one behind and one in front, or being on the back of a conga line alternately crawling along or speeding to catch up. 

But that doesn’t matter as I live an hour in the opposite direction from the British Motor Museum:)

I do apologise, i misread the original posting as being a 5min run to the rally…oops.

Hi Cam,
                    why not attend the monthly meet at the Coopers next Thursday
                    to see how many are travelling down on the day.
                                 Kind Regards.
                                     Ian.

Hi Ian,

I am very tempted to do that. However, my 5 isn’t going to be insured until the end of the month, so I may have to come along in my everyday car. Is this okay?

Many thanks
Cam

Hi Cam

Quite a few people use their everyday car for the club meet ups

Hi anyone driving up from around Ilford Essex. Willing to travel to meet up on the day  

I like a nice convoy

cheers

MF

Malcolm ??